ATM Deposits

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by scottlr, Mar 18, 2015.

1. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

Sorry, I thought ATM's were for banking.

My bad.

Not that I deposit at the ATM anymore, I just do it on the phone.

2. tonydetiger

tonydetiger Member

My bank actually charges me if I DON'T use the ATM for the majority of my banking. I'm allowed 2 teller transactions a month. After that, they charge me $8 a visit.

It's really no issue. Between direct deposit, online transfers, Bill pay capability, and depositing checks via the mobile app; I rarely need a teller.

3. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

Really?! Modern ATMs don't use envelopes, ask you to verify all amounts before completing transaction and it takes about 30 seconds to deposit a check and get receipt (mine are instantly emailed to me and show up on my iPhone app faster than I could write down anyway) and be on your way. What's there to complain about? I only go to bank when I have checks bigger than the $2000 limit in my phone deposit limit. My paychecks are direct deposit, so I rarely need the bank or ATM, but it's fast and easy when needed.

4. Jerrod

Jerrod Member

WTF?
    WTF?

WTF?

5. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Some of us are old, stuck in our ways and relating our experiences from days gone by, and some of us (like me) are old, know all how all the latest **** works and use it on a daily basis. Now get the **** off my lawn, punk... ;)

6. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

haw haw haw!

7. lowbrow

lowbrow Member

Mason jars....back yard....

8. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

'sides, I've yet to have an ATM bend forward and squeeze up a blouse-show.
    And even if they tried, I doubt Diebold could get it as right as 'Michelle' does.

9. DCFanatic

DCFanatic Member

Somehow it is better for everyone if you join the queue and wait to speak to a Teller to be charged a special fee rather than quickly processing your deposit at the ATM?

I think the bigger issue at stake here is women at ATMs!

Step 1. Walk up to ATM
    Step 2. Stare and realize that you need your bank card to use it (rather than pulling out of your purse while in line)
    Step 3. Fumble around in your disorganized mess of a purse to locate said card.
    Step 4. Insert Card.
    Step 5. Start replying to Text Messages during the 2 second pause while the machine asks you to enter your pin.
    Step 6. Enter Pin, Make Withdrawal, etc.
    Step 7. Dig through purse again to find change purse/bill holder.
    Step 8. Scrutinize your withdrawal slip and read very slowly deposit large queue forming behind you.
    Step 9. Crumple up withdrawal slip, place in purse.

10. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Here's the scenario. First, where I live there is no charge for going into the bank and dealing with a teller. In fact, I was unaware of this practice. Second, every Friday I bowl in a league. I stop by the ATM at around 5 p.m. to withdraw $20 for my weekly fee. Every time I do this, there is one or more persons doing what seems like a week's worth of banking at the ATM. Inserting checks and/or envelopes, punching 500 buttons, and generally taking a lot of time doing their business. This slows down the ATM line considerably. If possible, they should be taking care of this business inside the bank, so that conscientious bowlers like myself can arrive at the lanes on time.

11. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

I'm sure it's been said, but the ATMs here in San Diego don't require envelopes anymore. You put the cash in, it reads it right then and there and tells you the amount. It might take a while to feed $1500 into the machine, but I'd trust it.

What I don't trust is mobile banking. Nope. Not gonna do it.

12. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

Not sure if serious, but very funny either way.

In the last year I think I've only ever gotten cash out of an ATM while traveling abroad. Otherwise, I always get it at the grocery store, since there's no ATM fee then and I already have to wait in that checkout line. My credit union's nearest branch is 2300 miles away. I have used their share branches in the past, but don't need to anymore for deposits since I can now use my phone to scan and deposit checks. Once in a great while I'll need a cashier's check for a gun deal or such. I can't imagine standing in line at an ATM. I've heard of it, but never seen it.

13. Fishyfishfish

Fishyfishfish Member

ATM at a bank or CU is pretty safe, avoid the liquor store/quickie mart ones for deposit.

14. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member

I do this all the time. The ATM is faster than the tellers - there's usually a long lineup for the tellers.

I don't see any problem with it.

15. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Trying to add some humor. But my story is true. It irritates me having to wait forever. I have to admit that I sometimes see these folks as greedy and self-centered, like some of the other posters in this thread. But am probably wrong sometimes, some folks may not be able to access banks during normal working hours, so ATMs are their only choice. Either way my bowling average has plummeted from 187 to 184 over the last four weeks, so I'm just pissed sitting there in the ATM line. :p

16. frennis

frennis Member

This is crazy talk! Stopping by the ATM on Friday at 5 and complaining about the line?
    ATMs are for more than just quick withdrawals nowadays...but I do get a little pissed when people take too much time to use them.

17. Motterpaul

Motterpaul Tone is in the Ears

I personally find people who use a live teller for easy things like deposits and withdrawals to be rude. They should use the ATM in my opinion. Real tellers are for people who need personal attention - like to get a cashier's check.

In my opinion, though, the person trying to deposit CASH should go to a live teller. It is too easy for an employee to pull the "envelope was empty" bit.

18. taez555

taez555 Member

You make the assumption they have an account that allows them to bank inside. Many banks these days, including BOA, offer very basic ATM only account services (unless it's a service that the ATM can't handle.)

19. 4inchjones

4inchjones Member

Is this for real? Wow.:messedup

20. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member

Nah, I think he meant seniors not women. :p