Atomic Ampli-fire box

gtr37

I am curious to see Atomics next product
Line6 Pod go at $450 and Fractal FM3 at $999 will be intresting to see how And where an Atomic 2.0 will fit in , the obvious improvements would be a new designed easy GUI
W color displays

brokenvail

Everyone, I created something special for you!
Stage volume presets for the AFB made with the CLR at 90dB!
These were made to set your LEVEL knob on full and
not have any clipping.
Everyone one of these presets has FX block settings for:
Gate, Compressor, Echo, Reverb and Boost as well as AMP model and CAB IR.
The PRE TONE EQ uses low frequency ROLL OFF before the amp model on all presets.
No other EQ parameters are used.
These all use stock Atomic CAB IR files.
There is a BOOST dialed in for each preset.
Some like the B-MAN and the RECTO were made to have the boost on
as part of the tone. Others like the TOP BOOST and DELUXE
have a boost to add overdrive to the clean tone.
These were all created using 3rd Power MagFragg ’77 humbuckers with a DC resistance of 9.5 Ohms.
There are JPEG images to show you the knob settings used for each preset. The presets can be downloaded from these three links:
http://atomicamps.com/forum/index.php…
Jace
Any tips for making these louder? I am usually playing direct. I go out from my AFB into a SA Collider and from there to a DI box. The signal that goes to FOH is pretty weak

Jace Nuzback

Any tips for making these louder? I am usually playing direct. I go out from my AFB into a SA Collider and from there to a DI box. The signal that goes to FOH is pretty weak
Hook your unit up to the editor and go to the GLOBALS tab. The default output level is 0dB, but you can boost one or both outputs to +12dB.

brokenvail

That Level is controlled by the level knob? Let’s say I switch it to 12db Scan it damage the unit or make it clip internally?

Jace Nuzback

The LEVEL knob can control either the XLR output, the 1/4" output or both.
Default is for both. It won't damage the unit to have the output level turned up,
but you could clip the output if these output levels are set to 12dB AND you're boosting
levels with EQ, Boost, Amp level, etc. It's a bit of a balancing act!

DL_57

Since I decided against the idea of trying to modify my AFB (page 273), in the interim I managed to find a THR10II at a bargain price slightly used, and I wanted to add that it works really well with the AFB, both with the AFB into the front end, and via the AUX in of the THR via my audio interface using other processing gear.
The THR FX are very high quality, and a little more versatile than those built into the AFB. I find that in combination with the THR`s own amp models I am able to access a broader range of tones in combination with the AFB. So now, although it's more than a little cludgy, I can use just one preset on the AFB, through a neutral preset on the THR, then bypass the AFB and use one of the remaining 4 push button presets on the THR for different sounds.
At any rate, it works for capturing inspiration without having to spend time setting anything up, which is probably the most important factor for me aside from tone.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
@Jace Nuzback any consideration of a mobile app editor for the Ampli-firebox using the USB port? I am ignorant of whatever the limitations/challenges might be with developing something like that, but it would be super handy at a gig. Thanks in advance for a response.

Quad4

@Jace Nuzback any consideration of a mobile app editor for the Ampli-firebox using the USB port? I am ignorant of whatever the limitations/challenges might be with developing something like that, but it would be super handy at a gig. Thanks in advance for a response.
I'm gonna guess this will never happen for the AFB (or AA 3/6/12).

At least not from Atomic. Certainly it's possible for someone to hack the USB on AFB and write an app for that. I can say with confidence that is 100% possible on the AA (since that's not much different than my shelter in place wireless midi controller that uses USB to control the AA); I doubt the AFB is that different. Did I mention I hate wires like USB.

Chocol8

Someone on the Atomic forum had the idea of using a Raspberry Pi or cheap router with Virtual Here to make the USB wireless. That part works well enough, but the Atomic software still needs to run on a PC.

I am not a software guy, but I think it should be very possible to port the client to mobile OS’s, but I am sure it would be a lot of work for a small company, and only a tiny fraction of customers would use it until the hardware has built in Bluetooth or WiFi.

DonaldR

Someone as done so for Katana: Katana Librarian for Android. I'm using an OTG cable on my Android tablet to connect to the Katana USB port. Way better then booting a computer and I can finally use my Katana out of the house knowing I can tweak the global EQ and reverb depending of the venue and also swap patches easily from blues to rock, from Strat to LP. My tablet sits on top of my Katana.
Seriously not having a mobile app (don't even need bluetooth/wireless on the AFB) in 2020 is a bit "late to the party" and the main reason I didn't bought an AFB yet.
If Atomic doesn't have the found, then publish the specs and let the community develop one.

DonaldR

@Jace Nuzback : Nothing has to change on the hardware at all. How much resources does it take to port the application to Android? Maybe we can start a GoFundMe and pay a developer. I paid less than $10 for Katana Librarian (Juca Nery developed it) and it's really a saver for my Katana (I just take an old Android Tablet with me which I take anyway for my partitions and my backing tracks).

The Ampli-Firebox would be the perfect kit for me on small/travel gigs. I cannot buy one until I have an app to adjust some parameters at the soundcheck without having my laptop.

brokenvail

@Jace Nuzback : Nothing has to change on the hardware at all. How much resources does it take to port the application to Android? Maybe we can start a GoFundMe and pay a developer. I paid less than $10 for Katana Librarian (Juca Nery developed it) and it's really a saver for my Katana (I just take an old Android Tablet with me which I take anyway for my partitions and my backing tracks).

The Ampli-Firebox would be the perfect kit for me on small/travel gigs. I cannot buy one until I have an app to adjust some parameters at the soundcheck without having my laptop.
I bought a cheap 2 in 1 laptop that runs Windows for my editing needs. It was not expensive and works great

Phosphenetre

My main concern with using the Ampli-Firebox live, back when I had it on my board, was that it'd randomly 'forget' knob settings in A-B mode (resetting everything to 0) and also sometimes entirely forget that it was in A-B mode and revert back to standard on-off mode. These random surprises when you power your pedalboard on don't inspire confidence in the device as a gig-ready platform to build your whole tone around.

Heph333

My main concern with using the Ampli-Firebox live, back when I had it on my board, was that it'd randomly 'forget' knob settings in A-B mode (resetting everything to 0) and also sometimes entirely forget that it was in A-B mode and revert back to standard on-off mode. These random surprises when you power your pedalboard on don't inspire confidence in the device as a gig-ready platform to build your whole tone around.
Mine has done this too. Once every few months, I'll turn it on & it sounds like utter ass. I plug in the app & see the knobs are all wonky. I've since memorized the two presets, so I can fix them very quickly when it happens.

the.godfather

When I had mine it did it for me too, usually once or twice in a year. In the end I just took a screenshot of the knobs and settings in the editor so that I could always refer back to it. For me it wasn't a problem really but if you were just about to go on stage it's a much bigger issue!

Trending Topics