Atomic Ampli-fire box

Toby Krebs

The AFB is to be treated like an amp.Not a multi tasking amp switcher.I’ve never had a problem with mine but I use it on one amp setting at a time.Had a Stomp and sold it.Bought an Atomic 6 button a month ago.Love it!For a direct with a few pedals solution the AFB kills.The simplicity is what makes it appealing.

DonaldR

When I had mine it did it for me too, usually once or twice in a year. In the end I just took a screenshot of the knobs and settings in the editor so that I could always refer back to it. For me it wasn't a problem really but if you were just about to go on stage it's a much bigger issue!
That's why I'm talking about an Android version of the editor LOL. Very easy (and cheap) to carry a tablet and startup time is immediate compared to a laptop (Mac or Windows or Linux). I'm doing that with my Katana and it's going very well and way better than an onboard screen (except maybe Headrush).

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
There is no one (not being completely delusional with themselves) that should think any sort of Linux/Bluetooth/IOS/firmware fix/audio interface/MIDI over usb/wtfever wild addition requests are going to happen at this point.

Sounds great, clunky af to use but can get the job done provided you don't have complex requirements.

DonaldR

or a direct with a few pedals solution the AFB kills.The simplicity is what makes it appealing.
That's why I want one, a clean preset and a crunch preset, each one with a boost. I don't need anything else from AFB and the format is perfect. Add 1-3 mini pedals and that's it (for me).

DonaldR

There is no one (not being completely delusional with themselves) that should think any sort of Linux/Bluetooth/IOS/firmware fix/audio interface/MIDI over usb/wtfever wild addition requests are going to happen at this point.

Sounds great, clunky af to use but can get the job done provided you don't have complex requirements.
Not talking about anything like that. There's currently a usb jack on the AFB and that's enough. Just need to port the current app to Android and use a cheap OTG cable. Nothing to change on the hardware. It's just more convenient to use a small tablet/phone during the soundcheck (to adjust parameters as needed for the room) than a laptop. After the soundcheck, disconnect everything an put the phone in your pocket or the tablet in the gig bag.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Not talking about anything like that. There's currently a usb jack on the AFB and that's enough. Just need to port the current app to Android and use a cheap OTG cable. Nothing to change on the hardware. It's just more convenient to use a small tablet/phone during the soundcheck (to adjust parameters as needed for the room) than a laptop. After the soundcheck, disconnect everything an put the phone in your pocket or the tablet in the gig bag.
I understand the desire for it. Do you honestly think it has any chance of happening?

DonaldR

I don't know, seems pretty easy to do. If Atomic want to sit-down with the guy who developed Katana Librarian, maybe couple of weeks. I will buy a licence for sure (and an AFB) as it totally transformed my experience with the Katana.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I don't know, seems pretty easy to do. If Atomic want to sit-down with the guy who developed Katana Librarian, maybe couple of weeks. I will buy a licence for sure (and an AFB) as it totally transformed my experience with the Katana.
I assume you've never visited the forum. :knitting:anon:rotflmao

Chocol8

It If Atomic would share the code and or work with a community member to let them develop it, sure it could happen. It also could be something that Is pretty easy for someone with the right skills and tools to reverse engineer.

That said, my money is firmly on, it ain’t gunna happen in my lifetime.

Heph333

When sub- $100 chinese pedals like the XTomp have a Bluetooth mobile app.....
Or Mooer. Maybe they just need to sub it to a kid in China.

shanesiegle

Silver Supporting Member
The AFB is to be treated like an amp.Not a multi tasking amp switcher.I’ve never had a problem with mine but I use it on one amp setting at a time.Had a Stomp and sold it.Bought an Atomic 6 button a month ago.Love it!For a direct with a few pedals solution the AFB kills.The simplicity is what makes it appealing.
Plus it sounds flat out amazing and feels very, very amp like. I use it with my Boss GT1000, the plexi and JCM 800 model on the Atomic are about as good as it gets!

DonaldR

How are the "tube power amp" models? EL34, 6L6 and the like? I have a rack mount preamp that sounds very good but needing a power amp + IR to record. The AFB seems a nice solution.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
The AFB works great for that application!
Jace
It does work just great for that application. . I have many great preamps, but also some of the preamp tones built in the AFB will sound just as good or better than your rack preamp. If you haven't tried it yet, do so :) I bought my AFB when they 1st came out, and didn't plan on using it as multiple channels or anything but just to play into my computer interface, and to do this day I love it. There's no 'best' at anything gearwise, but the AFB is 100% worth the price for the Dumble and the Cornford modeling even if it didn't feature many others

Eric

Last edited:

Trending Topics