Atomic Ampli-fire box

DonaldR

Bought a used AFB on Kijiji, should receive it within a week.
Will install Wine on my Android table and try to run the editor.

DonaldR

Not for the CMP and EQ blocks :(
I sent an email to Brett but he doesn't have the unit anymore and he don't remember the settings.

gotammo

I got a new set of monitors this week and spent some time with the amplifire box. I have been playing with my amps since COVID and haven’t used it much since February.

What a great little modeler this thing is. I know Atomic gets a lot of grief for not continually upgrading the firmware, but I really like the sounds I get. I run a full pedalboard and mainly use the amp sims and reverb only. I know this runs counter to TGPs need for the newest and best, but if I’m being honest, I really don’t need anything more than the great tones this thing gives.

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
It’s still a fantastic little box, especially if you play to its strengths instead of trying to make it do everything in your rig. I also just use the amp, reverb and keep delay on the boost switch.

This reminds me I have to load some of the latest York IRs onto mine.

DonaldR

It’s still a fantastic little box, especially if you play to its strengths instead of trying to make it do everything in your rig. I also just use the amp, reverb and keep delay on the boost switch.
Exactly. I bought the Firebox to use as a 2-channel amp with boost, and a grab & go solution with a rechargeable 9v battery to fit in my gigbag. I don't have pedals right now and I will probably get a Line6 Pod Go to act as a pedalboard, connected 4CM with the Firebox. Will give me 4 pedals all time plus volume/wah and global EQ.

Trending Topics