• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Atomic Amplifire - And Go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Hazel

It's still retarded not to include a basic interface. It's like buying a BMW from the factory without tires, because you expect that someone who can afford a BMW would be able to afford tires already. Just poor decision making from Atomic. Again, the Kemper can do it because its a huge ass unit that would never find itself in a situation where you might carry it in your bookbag, its the same reason huge amp heads wouldn't have interfaces. The Atomic is a pedal that their whole marketing plan is that its small enough to bring everywhere in your bookbag, from gigs to the hotel room. So basically they just mean gigs, cause to bring it to a hotel room to record you'll also need to bring your interface.

Of course in the ideal studio settings, you'll use your high quality interface, but why the **** not include a basic one for those other situations? I do not see one good reason why not to add a basic interface; it doesn't cost a ton more to produce (esp at their current pricepoint) - its just flat out laziness and poor planning.

Also us guys who never plan on going to a "Studio" we just want to record at home.

Amplifire has to beat out the gsp1101 & the hd500x before it can just go charging at the Axe and Kemper .

Prince Hazel

I mean, it's annoying that they left it out... but the ultimate thing is sound and feel. If the product were to come out with usb audio but had unsatisfying sound then the usb audio out is useless.

Perhaps they left it out because, as other posters have pointed out, in order to keep it under that $599 price point the usb audio out would only be treated as an afterthought, with cheaper components.

Perhaps they wanted no weak-links in the chain. If they included a sub-par interface within the unit then perhaps it wouldn't record with a commensurate level of quality to its modeling. If an interface was included in the unit, many users would naturally use that instead of a dedicated, stand-alone interface of comparable quality - which may lead to a bad/inaccurate reputation on how it records. Shrug, these are just random hypos but we should still keep in mind its price point.

And when it comes to the AxeFx - at $2000+ it becomes a helluva a lot more reasonable to expect all the bells and whistles.
It costs the company a lot more if people choose against buying their product.

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
I have no doubt it can beat out the GSP. It can load 3rd party IRs, it has fx spillover, it offers more fx blocks, and given that one guy who has played it says the amps (NOT the versatility of fx, but the amps) sounds BETTER than the Axe....and I don't know anybody who has ever liked the tone of the GSP better than the Axe....seems the Amplifire will trounce the GSP.

Better than the HD500x? Well, in some ways, definitely NOT, because the HD has more footswitches for ease of live use.

Evo5150

I'm not either. Since this won't be in many traditional sales channels, I can wait until a consensus between actual users has formed.

Yup, I'd rather wait for the inevitable flood of clips from regular users to show up, get an overall feel for it, then give it a go. I did just offload my POD HD in anticipation, but I've still got my iPad with BIAS, S-Gear, and my Mesas with a Cabclone. No shortage of toys to record with in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybassplayer

Silver Supporting Member
I have no doubt it can beat out the GSP. It can load 3rd party IRs, it has fx spillover, it offers more fx blocks, and given that one guy who has played it says the amps (NOT the versatility of fx, but the amps) sounds BETTER than the Axe....and I don't know anybody who has ever liked the tone of the GSP better than the Axe....seems the Amplifire will trounce the GSP.

Better than the HD500x? Well, in some ways, definitely NOT, because the HD has more footswitches for ease of live use.

Using that logic, it's not better than a GSP with Control 2... because the GSP/C2 has more footswitches for ease of live use ;)

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
That's true, as far as extra footswitches go...and I DO like the GSP and RP1000 too, for the record.

However, the thing I didn't like about the GSP/RP was the limited fx routing and options (though they sounded good....especially the chorus and DM-2 sounds). Amplifire, according to another video demo has more fx blocks, and more routing options...it seems.

Evo5150

Using that logic, it's not better than a GSP with Control 2... because the GSP/C2 has more footswitches for ease of live use ;)

Well, arguably it's exactly the same, since you can just add a controller to the Amplifire.

Droptopandy

Silver Supporting Member
I'm very interested in the Amplifire. I could buy it and a CLR for less than a used Kemper. Between the $500 HD500 and $2400 Axefx there is a huge hole they could fill. I hope it's good. I hope it comes out before I die!

That's what I've been waiting for, a mid level priced modeler to get in the game. I already owned the Axe-2 but it's not worth the high price tag IMHO.

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
I'm cross eyed reading through the latest posts on this freaking thing. Catch me up:

Does it have a built in tuner?
When is it shipping?

Thanks!

jimfist

That's what I've been waiting for, a mid level priced modeler to get in the game. I already owned the Axe-2 but for my specific usage application it's not worth the high price tag IMHO.

To each their own opinion, fine, but that would have to also include those who feel the AxeFx II to be an incredible bargain, too. No knock on anyone who couldn't see their way clear to justifying the cost, in which case you've made the right choice for yourself.

I'll be looking at the Amplifire as a grab-and-go pedal I can stuff in my guitar bag, especially if Atomic even hints at having at least one bass amp model (SVT + 8x10 cab).

Atomic Amps

The first wave of production is complete. We're still scheduled to start sending out Reserve List emails between when we get back from NAMM and the end of the month.

speedyone

Silver Supporting Member
I have not been impressed with built in tuners.

If you're concerned enough to want stellar tones AND great tuning, why not splurge for a turbo tuner?

But I get that having a built in one is less stuff to carry.

Evo5150

Yes, an actual owners manual, so can definitively determine what to bicker about, instead of mere speculative bickering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom