Atomic amplifire best live tones

Spuddy

What do you guys reacon are the best out of the box patches that need little tweaking for live use. Have the standard factory patches and the TAF pack. Looking for a nice clean,crunch, drive, distortion and lead. I know it's all subjective to taste and gear used but interested on thoughts on this.

Twpmeister

What do you guys reacon are the best out of the box patches that need little tweaking for live use. Have the standard factory patches and the TAF pack. Looking for a nice clean,crunch, drive, distortion and lead. I know it's all subjective to taste and gear used but interested on thoughts on this.
The general consensus is that the mbritt stuff is great for live use- I have it but only used at home through monitors and headphones, for my ears they need a fair bit of tweaking for this use but people using them live say they're fantastic.

Reactions: RGB

cmstrat

The general consensus is that the mbritt stuff is great for live use- I have it but only used at home through monitors and headphones, for my ears they need a fair bit of tweaking for this use but people using them live say they're fantastic.
Twpmeister, do you mind to share how you tweak mbritt preset for headphone use?
Thanks in advance

Carmine

Chris Hayden

Since I bought the MBritt presets that's all I'm using live. On heavier classic rock songs I use either one of his '69 or '72 Marshall tones. There are several to pick from, in a band mix the darker ones cut through best that I have found. I'm not fond of the darker ones in my bedroom setting but they work well live. Also depends on pups, etc.

For cleans I use one of his Blackface presets that is set on edge of breakup or I love, love, love the /13 tone matched settings for pristine cleans. I dial back my guitar volume use an EHX Line Boost and the clean is so clean you could cut glass with it!

MB seems to have the skill to add just enough compression and tasty delays in these presets to make them excel in a band mix. Highly recommend his presets.

Spuddy

Since I bought the MBritt presets that's all I'm using live. On heavier classic rock songs I use either one of his '69 or '72 Marshall tones. There are several to pick from, in a band mix the darker ones cut through best that I have found. I'm not fond of the darker ones in my bedroom setting but they work well live. Also depends on pups, etc.

For cleans I use one of his Blackface presets that is set on edge of breakup or I love, love, love the /13 tone matched settings for pristine cleans. I dial back my guitar volume use an EHX Line Boost and the clean is so clean you could cut glass with it!

MB seems to have the skill to add just enough compression and tasty delays in these presets to make them excel in a band mix. Highly recommend his presets.
Ive downloaded his pack will try them out later. Gear wise running through 2 atomic 112 50w reactors and usa peavey special custom with bareknuckle black dogs. Will try what you recommend as good live tones. Thanks

Spuddy

Tried his tones out quickly and man they are great, guitar is like it's alive if you know what I mean? Best £10 I've ever spent period. Thanks

Twpmeister

Twpmeister, do you mind to share how you tweak mbritt preset for headphone use?
Thanks in advance

Carmine
Still working on it, for my ears they sound too direct through headphones and far too dry. tweaking reverb helps somewhat but I really think they are designed to sit well in a live band mix, for which they apparently excel

Spuddy

Still working on it, for my ears they sound too direct through headphones and far too dry. tweaking reverb helps somewhat but I really think they are designed to sit well in a live band mix, for which they apparently excel
Gonna try them live Wednesday but I feel they will sit well in the mix. Had trouble with the TAF tones live just didn't feel right.

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
Same experience here. I would have sold the Amplifire very quickly if it weren't for the Britt presets saving the day. Atomic should use his as templates for all future presets.

The sound you hear through headphones is not representative of anything in the real world, including the sound another person would hear through exactly the same phones. See: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...files-or-presets.1636500/page-2#post-20871505.
Could you please explain because I have a hard time understand.
Why is the difference between the "real world" and a headphone experience so different from one person to another? I understand that no two pinae are equal but is it so that the influence of the pinae is less when listening without headphones because the head related transfer function, room reflections, distance to speaker membranes, smooth out" the difference between two different pinae?

Or is it a completely different explanation?

I would be really greatful for some explanation or some tips on good reading regarding the subject.

Regards Jesper

Spuddy

Same experience here. I would have sold the Amplifire very quickly if it weren't for the Britt presets saving the day. Atomic should use his as templates for all future presets.
Agreed I feel that's the problem with nearly all the modelling gear it's all done in a studio environment which never translates well in a live situation. These britt tones blow the TAF and singletail tones out of the water. I was just getting lost in the mix when using those and they felt a bit thin and lifeless.The britt tones have an organic feel to them and sound the real deal to me.

chrisjnyc

The Amp Factory and the Singtall presets are so much better than the factory presets. I think I am down to 1 or 2 factory presets.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
The tones I use for my live work are tweaked Fremen presets. I dig his 2x12 IR quite a bit. His verb and delay settings are definitely present but not over processed sounding. For recording, as far as the clippage I have done here and there; it has been Singtall presets. I especially dig his high gain stuff. I have the MBritt presets and they are good; though I am not as big of a fan of his IR as I thought I would be.

I am not sure how I would feel about the stock presets if I were to reload them and give them a go. They might hold up much better since I have had time to work with the device. There is no "magic preset" for everyone. It really just takes those 2 or 3 really good ones to turn your ear; then you are off and blissfully jamming!

Trending Topics