Atomic Amplifire demo FW2.2

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Willowdale, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

Sounds like a cool unit!

2. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

It IS a cool unit!

FYI this is not newest FW. Presets from @singtall \m/

Lawless33 likes this.
  3. jageya

jageya Member

this unit is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the $$$$$...its on my radar...Hands down product of the year....of the last few years.....to hec with spending 1500.00 or 2400.00....lol

Line 6 will have a super hard time competing at that pricepoint for any new unit they release....I mean anyone looking at the hd500x would be brain dead not to pick this up instead.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    harry65, mojah, patriot7 and 2 others like this.
  4. ucnick

ucnick Supporting Member

FWIW I had the HD300 (got a great deal on it at the time), few years later (like a month ago) after a bad G.A.S. attack and a lot of research I bought the Amplifire. Not even close. AF blows the HD away tonally. Sold the HD300.

I don't mean to spit in anyone's holy water here, but although I had seen many posts stating that that the Helix was really good, unfortunately as I have owned (and sold) a number of L6 products over the years (Pod and Variax), all of which have not been satisfactory in the long run, I have as a result become somewhat gun-shy about their products. Something about Einstein's definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. I needed to break the loop. As it turns out, I definitely don't regret the Amplifire purchase, in fact it impresses the heck out of me, and I own two KPAs. The bang/buck ratio is HUUUUGE!!!

mojah and Imerkat like this.
  5. jageya

jageya Member

best value for the $$ hands down.....period...end of story

6. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Its such a fun ride, spent way too much time goosing the input of the TWin sim with a distortion pedal sim and loved the gain sound. It actually compressed like an amp.

7. ucnick

ucnick Supporting Member

Yeah, I do that for some Aerosmith tunes... although I use a real dirt box in front of it. Sounds amazing!

8. jageya

jageya Member

i wonder if it will make it to firmware 3.0......that should be a whopper of an upgrade.

9. mojah

mojah Member

Agree 100%

10. jageya

jageya Member

I still have and use my spidervalve mk2 2-12 combo and think it sounds pretty good....had the hd500x and sold it. dt-25 i sold and it was a decent amps as well after the upgrade...had pods way back... and the original axsys amp....the svmk2 is a fun amp and the tube section really makes a diff in tone...Line6 can be hit or miss sometimes on qc. I have been lucky and while the svmk2 is not the end all be all amp it has some killer tones in it for my needs.

11. harry65

harry65 Member

Ok ' that's it!!!!!!!! I need one of these!!!!!!!!!!