Atomic AmpliFIRE question.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by timowens316, May 27, 2015.

1. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Last night I loaded a handful of Redwirez and Ownhammer IR's into my AmpliFIRE, then I selected the ones that I liked best for each preset. Now, tonight I decided to eliminate the ones that I didn't like, load some more and try again. But here's the problem, all of the Redwirez are simply labeled "BasketweaveG12H" and all of the Ownhammer's are simply labeled "OwnHammer_412_M", it seems that the names have been chopped off so I can't tell which IR's are which. Is there a way to see the "properties" of each IR? If user IR's 7 through 16 all say "OwnHammer_412_M" is there a way to tell which one is which?

After messing with it for a while I had everything all screwed up but fortunately I had made a backup so at least I'm back to square one. But I'm kind of baffled that I can't tell which is which so I can know which one's I liked and which ones I didn't like.

This process seems kind of awkward, any thoughts or advice???

2. mikah912

mikah912 Member

When you load IRs in the editor, simply Right Click->Rename them to a truncated name that is distinct to that IR. I went through the same thing you did, then just reloaded the ones I really liked with short, recognizable names.

3. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

What he said:)

4. timowens316

timowens316 Member

But if you don't rename them when you first load them then there is no way to tell which ones they are at a later date? I understand what you are saying but this would mean that you would need to rename each IR as you load it so that you could tell exactly which Redwirez or OwnHammer IR it is, seems kind of awkward at best. It kind of reminds me of the eight character file name limitation in DOS :)

5. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

LOL, you're showing your age and unfortunately I know exactly what you mean.:D Another quirk I came across is you can't, or at least I can't, load IRs into the Amplifire from a DVD. I spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and not until I tried loading an IR already on my hard drive did it occur to me that I needed to copied them from the DVD to a hard drive.

6. mikah912

mikah912 Member

That's a definite future improvement needed for the Amplifire Editor. It'd be nice if they could scroll long character names in the display as well.

7. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Agreed, hopefully they will be able to address this somehow in one of the future updates.

8. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Are their operating system limitations with the computer you have to hook up to download the IR's?

9. timowens316

timowens316 Member

I don't think so, it's Windows 7 and it shows the full name in Explorer.

Thanks everyone, it's not a huge problem, but I hope that they can fix it somehow in a future update.

10. Imerkat

Imerkat Member

you can see the full name of the IR under the cab block when you're editing a preset

11. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Tim, sorry if that came out wrong - I was asking in a more general sense. I have an older Mac for instance, and it can't run software I need for some of my other gear.

12. steam boat

steam boat Supporting Member

Thankfully they released an editor at all. How long did it take strymon to release their editor??

13. timowens316

timowens316 Member

I didn't notice that, I'll have to check when I get home, I hope you're right :)

No worries, I don't think it's a problem with my computer, I don't know anything about Mac's.

14. timowens316

timowens316 Member

I just checked and it shows the name but it is limited to 15 characters, the IR's that I loaded are more than 15 characters.

15. timowens316

timowens316 Member

Hmmm, so the Kemper has the same problem with the long file names, it supports more characters than the AmpliFIRE but it's still just shy of enough characters for the particular OwnHammer IR's that I have. I guess at this point the only solution is to rename each IR before importing. Since I have two boxes that have the same problem with the really long file names I'm thinking that maybe it's really an OwnHammer problem, maybe they should look at shortening their file names.