Atomic Amplifire tap tempo to control external devices?

BoogieZilla

Preface: I have had my Amplifire for about a week and a half and absolutely love it.

In integrating it into my setup (which includes a Rocktron midimate, Mesa Boogie V25, and a G Major 2) I thought it would be very cool to use the tap tempo function of the Amplifire (with the light flashing to tempo) to control the tempo for my G Major 2 as well. I set the CC number for tap tempo to 18 on the G Major 2 to match the Amplifire, but it appears as if the tap tempo does not get sent out thru midi. I am running the Amplifire and G Major 2 on separate Midi Channels so that may be a factor I'll have to test (but will be painful as my presets are not using the same patch numbers across the devices).

Has anybody else been able to do this?

Imerkat

Silver Supporting Member
I set the CC number for tap tempo to 18 on the G Major 2 to match the Amplifire,

I might be reading this wrong but you have it backwards; you have to send out on/off 0-63/ 64-127 or something (don't quote me on that) data on CC 18 INTO the Amplifire to control the tap tempo. As far as I know the AF only transmit Program Changes

BoogieZilla

Right, I know I can control the Amplifire's externally, I am trying to do the opposite. The Amplifire has a nice flashing lite that shows the tempo, so it would be cool to use one of its buttons to control my G Major 2's tempo. And yes, so far it appears that the AF only transmits program changes (although it will pass CC changes from another device thru using the midi thru).

JohnB

Though not exactly what you are looking for, I know atomic/studio devil is working on midi clock features for future firmware that will drive tap both ways. You might find a post from Marc in the wishlist thread. (i think that's where it was)

Last edited:

BoogieZilla

Yep found it on page 25 of the wishlist thread. That will do what I need. Hopefully in the next release. Thanks!

Trending Topics