Atomic on the way out?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Slapshot1977, Jul 14, 2017.

1. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

Truth in advertising :D

fairness likes this.
  2. JiveTurkey

They have; but a pretty buggy, snail's pace. They've been on a beta release since forever I am thinking.

3. jpage

jpage Member

So, the updates aren't as frequent as you would like. And they probably never will be. Stop letting your own impatience make you angry--you've been posting your frustrations on this thread since it started AND you admit that when you needed customer service from Atomic they came through for you.

4. JiveTurkey

I don't know if I am missing an image that's being filtered out. Or if you are just being you. I know which way I am leaning ;) Check back often and once a year are 2 verrrrrrrrrrrry different timeframes.

TimeSnow and fairness like this.
  5. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Beta update was released 8 months ago I think; going on a year since last full update. Like I said, I'm not saying it doesn't get updated, but "check back often!" is a serious overselling of a feature that a lot of people pretty much base their entire decision around. I've gone on and on about folks unreasonable expectations of updates based on the price of the product in various threads and I agree with that to some extent. But the time frame now, coupled with the advertising coming from Atomic and I think folks have a legitimate beef. The rebut is "they've been busy with firebox and AA12" which changes nothing for me -- indeed, it makes me leery of considering firebox because what I've seen from Atomic is a much greater focus on development of new products rather than solidifying and/or improving existing products.

JiveTurkey likes this.
  6. JiveTurkey

I'm not angry at all. Between the two of us; there's certainly someone who comes off as grumpy more often than not. And it ain't me :crazyguyIt's a discussion board. We're discussing :fisticuffs

Anthony Newcomb, VCuomo and fairness like this.
  7. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Unfair hyperbolic comparison: "I've got nothing against that mass murderer...he never killed me or anyone I loved".

**there is not intent to compare any company to a mass murderer in this post.

8. JiveTurkey

I'M PM'ING THE MODS! THIS THREAD NEEDS SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY! :mad:

:D

Watt McCo likes this.
  9. JiveTurkey

Line 6 is obviously Ted Bundy.

10. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

I agree, except for customer service.

People IMO should consider BEFORE THEY BUY if the level of support they may need is on par with what they're likely to get, to avoid frustration, etc.

Companies don't have to do a good job looking after their customer, but I don't have to buy their products if that concerns me about them.

Line 6 vs Atomic kinda sums that up.

Most people have no issues with Atomic, but those that do can find the experience miserable.

I'm the guy that gets a product home and finds it broken in the box. I'd rather have the comfort of knowing I'll have good after sales service, so I inform myself accordingly...

I'm not OWED that, but I do think it's a thing many folks base purchases on these days.

11. GuitarGuru83

GuitarGuru83 Member

Why is this F'N thread still open and generating posts!? Atomic stated they are NOT on the way out, and until I see otherwise I believe them. Lets stop beating the dead horse and maybe move onto something else. I was very frustrated with there lack of communication as well but I understand and i'm done whining about it. My A3 is a kickass unit and I hope there's more updates incoming if not im still ok

hendrix1406 and Gearzilla like this.
  12. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Because people keep posting stuff that makes me angry and so I reply. If only the internet didn't make me so angry.

13. JiveTurkey

Stop being so angry. Problem solved.

ejecta likes this.
  14. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

In all fairness (still can't help myself), I'm not actually angry...

TimeSnow and JiveTurkey like this.
  15. burningyen

burningyen Member

Cueing Godwin's Law in 3...2...1...

JiveTurkey and Watt McCo like this.
  16. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

My concern is not with the badness of the actions; its in the presumption that one can not feel empathy for a stranger on the internet, so hopefully we can stave it off...

17. jpage

jpage Member

That is my point in a nutshell. How much of that empathy would exist if there were weekly firmware updates?

My guess? None at all.

18. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

I don't care how frequent the firmware updates are, I still would have empathy for a guy that couldn't get anyone to reply to his request for an RMA within the 14 day money back guarantee window and so wound up selling the thing on ebay at a loss...

TimeSnow and JiveTurkey like this.
  19. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

That's the kind of thing (and it's happened to me a few times) that I tend not to forgive.

Not just the thing itself, but the incompotence and devil may care attitude with someone else's money.

Maybe it's just me being a broke small business owner, but money is a kind of bond to me. Someone pays me, I don't assume that was casual and don't assume they're cool with losing money if I **** up.

I assume if I **** up that's eventually money out of my pocket, either because I lost a repeat customer, or because that pissed off client costs me a future customer, word of mouth, etc.

It's just money and guitar stuff, yes, but that money represents work someone did and a goal they've paid me to help them achieve.

It won't surprise anyone to know that people sometimes take advantage of this, but what MAY surprise some is that it has REPEATEDLY gotten me more work, and clients have even deliberately over-paid a few times. People DO notice and DO care.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    ejecta likes this.
  20. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

Bump.

:D

jpage, scook, VCuomo and 4 others like this.