Att BJF SBEQ users!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by daphil_1, Feb 3, 2006.

1. daphil_1

daphil_1 Member

I just wanted to know if you guys could share your experiences about this pedal. The main thing I wanted to know is is it noisy when your amp is cranked. I have recently moved away from external distortion to just using my amp (shouldve done is a long time ago!!!) and I am finding my zvex super duper 2 in 1 (which I LOVE) really noisy when the gain is cranked on the amp. Ive never had the issue before as most of my gain came from overdrives. Does the SBEQ stay quiet when the gain and master are right up there on your amp???

Cheers!

2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I'm using it last in my chain as a slight boost/eq through a cranked Marshall Super 100 and it doesn't seem to be extra noisy at all. I mean anytime you add another gain stage to a cranked amp, the noise level usually goes up, but the SBEQ is very good at not adding excessive noise. I really like the pedal.

I use it when I use my Tyler and Grosh strats to boost the signal and modify the tone a bit and turn it off when using humbucker guitars.

It sounds way better than a buffer and will be much more musical than the Z-Vex, especially in the higher frequencies.

Buy one, you can always move it quick should you not like it, but you will!:dude

3. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Does the SBEQ add any sparkle or chime to the tone or is it strictly a tone shaper?

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

It can add sparkle or you can dial it out.

5. granite

granite Member

My SBEQ is last in my signal chain as well and it is dead quiet. It can tone shape, boost, or add some sustain to my guitar sound. At times I think it acts like a compressor (in a good way). My interest is peeked on BJF's Pale Green/ Pine Green now? Compressor. I have a HoneyBee on order as well. Bjorn is really making some fine pedals. They're destined to be the new, highly coveted classics of the pedal world. He has arrived.

6. Nickcha

Nickcha Member

LOVE my ZBEQ...that's right, Zee Blu...(spoken with stern German military-style accent).

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

[​IMG]

7. granite

granite Member

You didn't happen to buy this from a guy on the street corner in NYC who said it was as good as Bjorn's, but cost 50% less money? I bought an amazing "Bolex" watch in NYC for only $80 once. The nice man said it was as good as a Rolex. :D

8. Nickcha

Nickcha Member

Nah, unfortunately there was no discount on this one. But it is as good as the SBEQ

9. Anje

Anje Supporting Member

I use a SBEQ last in the chain too, into amps set for rather light crunch, it is dead quiet
    GREAT pedal..

(Hi Nick! how are you ? just got a Honey Bee BTW to complete the SBEQ, love it!)

10. Nickcha

Nickcha Member

Anje,

Doing well, thanks, and glad to hear about the HB. I knew you'd like it. The HB is my favorite light OD. I just love the dynamic interaction with my pick attack. These BJFs are really special pedals.

11. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Nickcha, perfect BJF chain! Those are top three on my BJF list, currently own only the EGDM which I love.. Sadly my pedal GAS is basically over 'cause of the Lovepedal Eternity and the EGDM, but when I'm back "up" I'll check out the HB and SBEQ for sure. Beautiful collection, man!! One question though, why do you set them up like that, pedals going from left to right and then the cables going like in reverse..?

12. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

cool I have t he same set up in this chain...

[​IMG]

13. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

DonneR, I hate you man!!! ;)

Ok, this needs some explaining... Tell us what all these special BJF's are and how you got them and so on. Really cool stuff. Which one is you favourite? The Echo seems cool, they all seem cool! Man!

BTW, your EGDM looks exactly the same as mine, what was yours # again? Mine's 12... Funny thing about the voice knob, I find I have to adjust it to maybe 1-2 oclock when the gain gets over 12 oclock.. You seem to be doing the opposite. As someone said, I guess it's all about the amp.