ATT: International Pedal buyers..... !!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Giannis, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

I have bought and have had the UTTER MOST BEST service from Musictoyz.com ONLY when using a credit card.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL WITH THIS COMPANY!! THEY WILL REFUSE TO ACKNWOLEGDE YOUR ORDER AND WILL NOT SHIP YOU YOUR PEDAL OR GIVE YOU A REFUND.

l purchases with creditcards have been very good. BUT My first purchase with Musictoyz.com via paypal ended in $300 bucks out of pocket and no pedal. For 2+ years I did not purchase anything from them. I finally outgrew my anger and tried them again. My second attempt 2 YEARS later ended in paypal refunding my money after I got up 3am in the morning AUSTRALIAN TIME and spoke to Dawn . She tried to resolve it but TED was too busy and not interested in looking at his paypal stuff. 2 Weeks after that I filed a complaint and after no communication for a further 5 weeks I finally got my refund.

TED get your ass out of your BUTT and make your paypal work! I am VERY confident this has happened to others as Dawn told me this has happened a few times before. Anyway I only shopped their once again and then NEVER again. :mad:

Way to go :

Analogman.com TOP SERVICE and TRUSTWORTHY
    PEDALGEEK.com VERY VERY GOOD
    bostonguitar.com PROFESSIONAL ++
    boutiquetone.com VERY GOOD

2. Burgs

Burgs Member

Ouch. That could have gone better. May I ask what it was that you were buying Giannis?

3. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

The first time was a super duper hard on (If I rememebr correctly) and the second a retro sonic phaser.

4. blueprint

blueprint Member

I doubt this thread is going to last for a long time because:
    -I think it's not allowed by the new forum's rules,
    -and "musictoyz" is almost a cassus belli here!

By the way, I won't do business again with this company...

5. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Really? Based on your own experience or on this one thread?
    (Serious question--never having dealt with them I don't have a stake).

BTW for the Retro-Sonic stuff, you could do worse than got directly to Tim Larwill's site or go through axeandyoushallreceive.com
    (Again, no stake - but my experience with both of these people has been the exact opposite of the frustration you seem to be describing).
    Cheers.

Any good boutique builders in Oz?

6. Jagsound

Jagsound Member

MI Audio is the most well known one, but there are a few others such as MC-FX.

7. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

check out tymsguitars.com.au they're in brisbane and they're rad dudes have great stuff and well priced...

8. TheHog107

TheHog107 Member

I had a similar experience myself. I ordered an Analogman Sunface and a Gio Grande pickup from MusicToyz. The total came to $300+ I phoned at least 4 times, just got the runaround. By the time I tried getting refund from Paypal it was too late. A tip for you paypal users. After 40 days you cannot get a refund and they won't even investigate the situation.

9. dr.barlo

dr.barlo Member

Like 2 months ago, sort of the same thing happened to my bandmate (also a guitar player) and me. We ordered 2 Vexter series BOR via paypal to be shipped to Istanbul. And it was only after opening up a dispute via paypal that the pedals were sent. At first, in spite of our repeated attempts, they did not send us a USPS priority tracking number. Later they claimed that the address was typed wrong. I dunno if that was really the case, but still am not gonna be doing any sort of business with them anymore.

B

10. shahry

shahry Member

Well I certainly don't need to experience it to decide not to purchase anything from MusicToyz. Plenty of good dealers and sellers out there. Don't need the hassle.

11. Don P.

Don P. Supporting Member

Tonefactor is now the first place I look when I am shopping for new gear. Give Brad a try sometime his customer service is absolutely first rate.

12. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

My transactions with Tonefactor have been great, that's true. I've never dealt with Musictoyz so I have nothing to say there.

Wait, is that even possible?

13. godotzilla

godotzilla Member

I've purchased probably close to 20 pedals from Ted over the years, and I've NEVER had a single bad experience. He's always been upfront about what's in stock and when it'll ship.

I have made a point of always calling to place my order, and I've never used the PayPal option. Sucks that such a bad transaction went down, but could it be possible that Toyz never received your order? That it was lost somewhere along the international chain?

14. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Gold Supporting Member

I had a very similar experience with MusicToyz. I had to call and email at least 10 times to get a refund after it became obvious that my order was never going to ship. I am a USA buyer and the pedal was supposedly in stock so it wasnt like the order was complicated.

They should spend some of those resources they dedicate to creating the full page color ads in Vintage Guitar to fixing their customer service. I was treated like he was doing me a favor by finally taking my call and issuing a refund. I will NEVER EVER NEVER buy a thing from then again. There are just too many good guys out there in the guitar/pedal business to put up with that.

15. sandman

sandman Member

+1 on Tonefactor for international purchases...great service, great folks.

16. KBN

KBN Member

Maybe Ted has an Assface, in which case it is entirely possible. :D

17. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

little bump for all you international folk.... dont get taken for a ride

18. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Man I hate to read about people getting screwed like this. It just isn't right. :FM

19. TheHog107

TheHog107 Member

its worse when your not just the person "reading" about it.

20. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Totally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.