Attention: Louis Amp owners K12/ Hubert Sumlin

OldSchool

Just throwing this out there:

I have a Louis Amps Hubert Sumlin. I have the chasis out and on the way to Lou for some upgrades and repairs.

Just wondering..........Would anyone like to swap Cabs?

Heres mine:

No marks , tears of anykind. I have a Juke Warbler with the Exact matching tolex.(see background) I just like a little Variety and color. Stupid I know.........:bonk

Anyone here with a tweed or a Purple or something cool like a really classy Cab? Lets do a swap! The only thing I would not be interested in would be Black. Doesn't get more boring then that.

Thanks! Al

gmann

Stupid question I know but why not just send the cab back to Louis and get it recovered?

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
What upgrades is Lou going to do?

General question for KR owners:
Does your NFB knob under the chassis stop turning at both ends of the pot or, does yours turn infinitely, without stopping? Did that make any sense?

Thanks.

Bluesman79

Does your NFB knob under the chassis stop turning at both ends of the pot or, does yours turn infinitely, without stopping? Did that make any sense?

Thanks.
Mine stops at both ends

K-man

Hmmmmm. Thanks Bm79.

Mine will spin 360 degrees. The tone still changes but, but, but....I figured it stop on boths ends.

Maybe I'll contact Lou.
Sounds like maybe the knob is slightly loose. Did you check if there is a set screw to tighten it?

OldSchool

I have to call Lou and make sure the chassis got there. But Its a Hubert Sumlin. I LOVE it with my Nocaster Tele , its get a fantasic swampy /or fuzzy type overdrive . Lately when changing inputs the tone kinda fell apart. Kept hearing a broken glass type sound. The Tone got increasing fuzzy. Definitely an Issue. I bought it used. Win some lose some I guess.

I asked Lou to identify what was wrong and could I get a price on just fixing it to original spec, Vs. making it into a KR. Thats a bit more of a classic rock amp as opposed to a swampy blues /Roots type amp. I believe he told me a transfprmer would have to be changed. I haven't spoke with him since I sent it and I plan on calling him later today.

I do know for the short while it worked after I got it , It was amazing. I never played an amp without reverb that sounded and felt like it did. The notes have that much bloom. It never entered my mind to sell it when its fixed. I want it back!!

OldSchool

Thanks.

I don't believe my HS-12 has the knob you are speaking of. I took the chassis out , I'm pretty sure it didn't.

OldSchool

Stupid question I know but why not just send the cab back to Louis and get it recovered?
I hear you. Its just that its Kinda Perfect. Not a mark. And its pretty attractive, kind of like a nice briefcase. The only reason I wanted to change it is because My Juke is exactly the same. Even the same texture. Identical. I figured while the chasis was away it would be fun to swap it up with someone who felt simuliar , just wanted a change is all. Purple would have been IDEAL. Or Vintage Tweed.

Its all good I guess. That should be my biggest problem in life you know?

Vibrolux

I have a KR12 in tweed. I really thought about going with the black but Lou convinced me that tweed was the best look for this one since it is a two/twelve (I refer to it as a KR212). But I saw on another forum that Bob Fusco http://www.fuscocabinets.com/ makes Lou's cabs. Maybe he can make you another or perhaps recover it for you.

FWIW my know stops at each side of the NFB.

Trending Topics