Attenuator for a 2061x ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bush, May 1, 2016.

1. Bush

Bush Member

Can someone reccomend an attenuator that would match well with the 2061x ?
    Thanks !

2. big mike

big mike David Grissom Wannabee Staff Member

Scumback db is the best I've used.

3. Clyde Billt

Clyde Billt Silver Supporting Member

I use a Scumback or an Alex on my 1974X. Works great.

Sometimes I use my Power Station but only for the effects loop. I prefer the other two.

4. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Member

I've used a lot of attenuators over the past 20 years and to my ears the best one is the Fryette Power Station. I haven't used the Scumback but have heard great things about it. If the Power Station loves my '71 Superbass then I'm pretty sure it would do the same for your 2016x. Pricey stuff but excellent AND as Clyde mentioned above, it also comes with an effects loop which is an awesome addition. Oh, and the various voicing switches on the Fryette are truly useable unlike a lot of the "bright/deep" switches on other attenuators. Somehow Fryette got the frequencies just right for my amp with their tonal options.

5. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

I use a Dr. Z Brake Lite with my 1974X, and it works great............very transparent.

I will hopefully be getting a Power Station soon to use with my Rockitt Retro 50, and try it with the 1974X.

6. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

Power Station.

7. Uli Jon Blackmore

Uli Jon Blackmore Supporting Member

Seriously, the answer, despite a very, very few dissenters, to all of these question will be a Fryette Power Station.

8. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

I have pretty much used or at least tried all the attenuators available on the market. The Toneking Ironman and the SPL Reducer stand out in terms of sonic clarity and are both passive. The SPL is way more practical though since it is much smaller and lightweight with a size equivalent to the THD Hotplate. You can switch the impedance from 4 to 8 to 16 ohms. It sounds absolutely transparent even at hefty levels of attenuation. Highly recommended.