attenuator or ...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by vchizzle, May 7, 2008.

1. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

I'm looking to have preamp out of an amp that doesn't have a line out(or a loop). Or some other device that serves this purpose? I'd like to have a box of some sort that I can run from 1 speaker out on an amp head -> the box in question -> some reverb and delay(sometimes) -> a tube power amp. I suppose I should verify both the head and power amp will be plugged into speaker cabs at all times.

Anyone who's done this, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Wasn't sure where to put this thread, mods if it should be in FX section, please move.

2. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Yea that is a very simple little box. I know because I read about it on the Metro forum where they give a layout how to build it.

3. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

That's what Fred from /13 told me too, he said he'd give me a schematic when I asked about adding a line out to one of his amps. I don't wanna bug him until/if I buy one of his amps. Nice of him to offer the info instead of wasting my money(and his time) shipping an amp back and forth when I don't need to mod an amp chassis. This way I'd potentially be able to use it with whatever amp I'm wanting to.

4. Bussman

Bussman Member

Do a search on L-pads. But ideally, you want to isolate the FX input from the amp out with a DI.

5. Adwex

Adwex Member

THD Hotplate will do it.

6. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

IMHO, The line out on a Hot plate doesn't sound very good.
    If memory serves it's just a 47K resistor and a 5k pot. It's pretty easy.