• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

attenuators

spikeRI

I know you did not mean to sound cold and were actually trying to help. I'm just passing on what I've heard before by others taht they hate the "use search forum" response and feel they are just being blown off (guess we were both thinking aloud and there really isn't a right or wrong answer)

Taco, My wife agrees.....

mrfjones

thanks for all the posts guys, you have all given me really good information. i tired to use the search function but i got tired of trying to sift though the posts. there was a nice thread about the hotplate though, that taught me some more about that one. i think i need to just get one and see if it meshes well with my amp and if it doesn't sell it and try a new one. i think i am going to try z's airbrake first as it will go on one of his amps, and i don't have to attentuate it that much (i won't be takin it down to one watt) but i would hope to lower it about half way. I still swear that rt 66 is not just a 32 watt amp

The Whiz

Originally posted by mrfjones
thanks for all the posts guys, you have all given me really good information. i tired to use the search function but i got tired of trying to sift though the posts. there was a nice thread about the hotplate though, that taught me some more about that one. i think i need to just get one and see if it meshes well with my amp and if it doesn't sell it and try a new one. i think i am going to try z's airbrake first as it will go on one of his amps, and i don't have to attentuate it that much (i won't be takin it down to one watt) but i would hope to lower it about half way. I still swear that rt 66 is not just a 32 watt amp
Good call. The Route 66 is supposedly very attenuator friendly, for what it's worth. I wouldn't mind trading my Z28 for a Route 66.

taco

Daddy Elmis

I had an Airbrake, and now use all Weber stuff (Mass, mini Mass, and load dump) on various amps. Airbrake was great, but limited impedence (I use the atten. on all my amps), and expensive.

The Weber stuff was much more affordable, sounded great, at that time was easily and inexpensively customizable (2/4/8/16 ohm impedence switching, treble boost, DI out, etc.). Now Ted just loads 'em up with everything.

For live use, I detected no appreciable tonal difference in the Airbrake and the Mass.

PerryR

Gold Supporting Member
Route 66 + Airbrake = Peas & Carrots! At least thats what i've been using since 98'.. aqnd for mild attenuation for club use it rules.

mrfjones

Originally posted by papa taco
Good call. The Route 66 is supposedly very attenuator friendly, for what it's worth. I wouldn't mind trading my Z28 for a Route 66.

taco
email me about a possible trade. it is not a route 66 but a kt 45 if you are interested. i have it listed in the emporium

Trending Topics

Top Bottom