Attn. Molten Voltage, Disaster Area, Etc: Please Build This Pedal!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Andrew M. Lee, May 18, 2015.

1. Andrew M. Lee

Andrew M. Lee Member

Hi everyone,
    Been looking high and low for a simple pedal to no avail. I'm hoping some people and manufacturers may take an interest. Here goes — I would like to buy:

1) A MIDI Clock generator with tap tempo, start/stop functions AND...
    2) An audio generator that sends out the corresponding clock info as an audio click track via 1/4" plug.
    3) All in a simple, convenient, pedal board-friendly package.

Just looking for a super compact, easy way to sync effects, delays, etc. via MIDI to an audible click track that I can send to a drummer, etc. without having to resort to using a computer. The click section of the unit could be quite simple. Perhaps two click options: traditional "tock" style — like a classic metronome — or "beep" style, like a modern digital metronome. The audio output could feed a headphone amp. The Molten Voltage Tempode is about perfect, except it doesn't have the audio click component.

I know I can use a drum machine, like an SR16, or a MIDI capable metronome, like the BOSS DB90, but I don't want to have to bring yet another device. Been thinking about purchasing a BeatBuddy for this purpose, but it's way overkill for my purposes, and kind of expensive in light of that.

Anyway, if anybody knows of a product like this and can turn me on to it, I'd be grateful! In the meantime, maybe somebody with the resources will take the initiative. Having browsed many forums in my search, this seems like a product that people would find useful.

Best Wishes,
    Andrew M. Lee

frankenstone likes this.
  2. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Tapestry audio time track already does this check them out:

http://tapestryaudio.bigcartel.com/product/time-track-presale

Only thing they are currently out of stock, and you will need a TRS to MIDI cable rather than a straight MIDI cable, if you need more tap tempo outputs than what's a available you can get their Wife multi tap box, I use one and it works great.

3. Andrew M. Lee

Andrew M. Lee Member

Thanks gibs5000,
    This is exactly what I need! Of course it's sold out. I've sent them a note — hopefully i'll get a reply.
    Such a simple device — seems like there should be more out there...

Cheers,
    Andrew

4. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Ryan will probably get back to you really soon, he's good for that. I've been back and forth with him a few times, he is very helpful and is usually willing to work things out with customers. I plan on doing more business with him in the future, I got the time track on my mind as well, if not a time traveller. Glad I could help you out.