• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Attn: Randall Aiken

Dave Orban

Randall, we Fender-loving guys REALLY need you to make an Invader-type combo, but one based on 6V6s/6L6s...

Is something like that in the hopper, by any chance...? ;)

Souled Out

I think it amazing how the Sabre can sound so incredibly blackface with EL34's. Then on the other channel a raging Marshall. Randall how did you you do that?

drjojo42

i had a thirty watt invader it was a little loud so i emailed randel he sugested i put 6v6s in it and re bias man i liked them better than the el 34 much soother break up

Scott Peterson

Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP
Staff member
I am fairly certain that Randall is on a hiatus from making/building amps and Aiken as a company is on a sabbatical; Randall has some health issues to sort out.

Dave Orban

Actually, he's posted here a couple of times about his progress, so it seems as if he's finally getting back on track...

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by Dave Orban
Actually, he's posted here a couple of times about his progress, so it seems as if he's finally getting back on track...
Great news!! :)

reaiken

Originally posted by Dave Orban
Randall, we Fender-loving guys REALLY need you to make an Invader-type combo, but one based on 6V6s/6L6s...

Is something like that in the hopper, by any chance...? ;)
I think you'll like the upcoming Aurora...

Randall Aiken

reaiken

Originally posted by Scott Peterson
I am fairly certain that Randall is on a hiatus from making/building amps and Aiken as a company is on a sabbatical; Randall has some health issues to sort out.
The news of my demise is premature.... :) I'm still in the game, have moved to FL, hired on a couple employees to help me build amps, survived the latest hurricane, and have some new amps getting ready for prime time.

Randall Aiken

reaiken

Originally posted by Tag
Great news!! :)
Thanks! My main design goal with the Aurora is to to try and make the clean tones and reverb good enough to make you put your Bruno's up on ebay...(well, I can dream, can't I?!!) :)

Randall Aiken

reaiken

Originally posted by Santana Brazilian
I think it amazing how the Sabre can sound so incredibly blackface with EL34's. Then on the other channel a raging Marshall. Randall how did you you do that?
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.... :)

Randall Aiken

CNOTE

Senor Aiken,

I'm about $400 light before cashing in on a new Cowtipper order.

You have my interests peaked now! Will the new Aurora be available by the end of the year ? I can wait .................

Thanks a bunch!

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
Ok Randall, I have snatched up just about every amp model you have made; all I ask in return is for you to let me buy one of the first Auroras off your bench! pretty please?:D

Scott Peterson

Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP
Staff member
Originally posted by reaiken
The news of my demise is premature.... :) I'm still in the game, have moved to FL, hired on a couple employees to help me build amps, survived the latest hurricane, and have some new amps getting ready for prime time.

Randall Aiken
Fantastic news; and glad to be quite wrong for once!

We need folks like you out there making amps Randall.

Trending Topics