1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

audio clips: Divided by 13 RSA 23 head and cab

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by JimGtr, Dec 16, 2009.

1. JimGtr

JimGtr Gold Supporting Member

Been requested a few times, so hope this is useful to someone...

Just a quick a dirty demo for a cover band I'm part of, that was done in the studio.

Engineer mic'd it with an SM57 off-axis about 3-4 inches from the grill cloth. Mic was on the G12H. Just guitar straight into the amp, no effects in front (except part of one solo, see notes below). Amp straight into cab (no attenuator, despite the pic below). Reverb and a short delay were added at the board.

Due to slim budgets, this was all tracked live including vocals and solos. Just the backups and the two percussion tracks were overdubbed.

Hope you enjoy...

Sampler (short clips of all 10 songs):
    lips_sampler2.mp3

For full length versions, use the player here and please forgive my clams ;-):
    http://lipsband.com/

Here's what she looks like:

[​IMG]

Details:

Just Like Heaven,
    Blister In The Sun,
    Billie Jean,
    Santaria,
    Sex On Fire:
    - Fender Custom Shop 60's Relic Strat into TMB channel. Volume about 10:30 -ish with guitar volume rolled back to 6 or 7 on some of them. Used both the neck and middle PUs (can't remember on which), and the in between middle/bridge on Billie Jean.

Hard To Handle,
    Hit Me With Your Best Shot:
    - 2005 Gibson ES-333, Treble Pickup, Click channel on position 3. Volume around 10:00 IIRC. Pickups are way lower than stock on this guitar.

Are You Gonna Be My Girl:
    - 2005 Gibson ES-333, Treble Pickup, TMB channel. Volume around 1:00 IIRC. Pickups are way lower than stock on this guitar.

Hurts So Good:
    - Parts Tele (50's reissue body and neck, Fralins). Can't remember the amp settings, sorry. Think I was using both PUs. I know for sure I rolled the volume back on guitar to what would probably be 7 or 8.

Message In A Bottle:
    - Fender Custom Shop 60's Relic Strat into the Click channel on position 3. Volume between 8:30 and 9:00 IIRC.
    - Using a /13 treble booster from approximately 8 bars into solo to the end of solo, position 3 on the treble booster. This is the only track with a pedal.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

Great tones and playing! Some of the best RSA clips I've heard yet. Are you using the stock tubes, and do you prefer open or closed back cab?

3. JimGtr

Thanks, uberschall!

I bought it used so I'm not sure about the tubes, and actually have never tried it with a closed back cab.

4. picassographic

picassographic Member

Stellar playing and very nice represanting of the tones coming out of Rsa...I have to say Ive really enjoyed listening. Thank you very much for your efforts Sir.:phones

5. JimGtr

Thanks, picassographic!