Audio engineers, what are some pedals you like to re-amp all kinds of audio with?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Yr Blues, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

I don't find virtual distortion plugins to be abstract, convincing, or warm enough.

2. fuzzrhythm

fuzzrhythm Member

I found this presentation about re-amping and manipulating sine waves with different pedals interesting, and really the whole talk is great.

Mick Gordon - Doom soundtrack talk

17:00 minutes in he talks about sending a sine wave through several different hardware effects chains, including several boutique fuzzes, compressors, etc

3. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

That dude probably had a good size budget for some of those vintage pedals.

4. HipUncle

HipUncle Supporting Member

I've still got an ADA MP-1 from back in the day that now lives in my FX bay. It mostly gets used to add some harmonic distortion to basses. The MP-1 is super convenient because it has a line-level input in addition to instrument level. I'd do more re-amping through my pedalboard, except my re-amp box failed some time ago...thanks for reminding me I need to get another one!

5. 0xeneye

0xeneye Supporting Member

Deco (home studio).

xcc likes this.
  6. Flying_Milkman

Flying_Milkman Silver Supporting Member

Not an audio engineer - but I love bringing my JHS Colour Box and re-amping parts through that.