• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Audio Kitchen fake plastic trees

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds fine I guess but $450 and no tube? ...might as well get a tube drive for that money. Come to think of it you can get Kingsleys for less and Tubesteader stuff for half as much.

Twrogstudio

Sounds great, expensive, but if I were going to spend that on a drive I’d rather it be somthing like this that a clone in a flashy box. :p

vlammie

No. Although the guys in RH do play Audio Kitchen amps.

I own a Big Chopper, and I’m a huge fan.

They already have the small trees and big trees, I think 'fake plastic' was meant as a joke because it's their first non-valve product.
And Ed O' brien owns a couple of ak's of course.

Twrogstudio

Really fascinated to hear peoples thoughts when they get one. It’s expensive, but sounds fab in the demo.

norska

Gold Supporting Member
I had the pleasure of playing this pedal on my board last night into my wizard mcii and it blew me away! I will be buying this thing for sure!

Twrogstudio

Never mind, just picked one up for myself. It’s absolutely stunning and totally unlike and pedal I’ve ever played. They‘ve nailed it x 1000. This is the most I’ve ever spent on a drive pedal so there was some trepidation, but it’s 100% worth it. Try one out if you get the chance.

Chandyland

Never mind, just picked one up for myself. It’s absolutely stunning and totally unlike and pedal I’ve ever played. They‘ve nailed it x 1000. This is the most I’ve ever spent on a drive pedal so there was some trepidation, but it’s 100% worth it. Try one out if you get the chance.

In what capacity have you used it so far? I'm curious about the Audio Kitchen pedals, but I would want to use one as a preamp straight into a cab sim of some sort. Not super interested in a $500 pedal to use into the front end of another amp!

The Flying Squirrel also looks really interesting for that use-case.

Twrogstudio

I couldn’t really say to be honest. I’ve never tried the AK products capable of direct out. This pedal is designed as an amp style drive pedal, which is how I’m using it.

In what capacity have you used it so far? I'm curious about the Audio Kitchen pedals, but I would want to use one as a preamp straight into a cab sim of some sort. Not super interested in a $500 pedal to use into the front end of another amp!

The Flying Squirrel also looks really interesting for that use-case.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom