• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Auralex gramma worth it?

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
It tightens the sound, most noticeably in the bass. It just seemed to take the flub out of the sound. I tried A/Bing it and heard the difference but a friend did not.

slopeshoulder

Totally!
Takes the woof out. Keeps the sound consistent from room to room. Get one, period. I have 4 (2 for amps, 1 for studio subwoofer, 1 lives in my booth).

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Tightens up the bass, and for me it removed a resonance that the floor of my basement studio was adding.

onestop

Gold Supporting Member
I've used these in the studio and live for amps and currently live with my acoustic situation for monitors. Tightens everything up nicely!

roadfilm

I got a Gramma a few months ago for my Tweed Deluxe. Best thing I have ever bought. Like others said it tightens up the sound, isolates it. If your playing in your house you'll immediately notice your windows and things that used to vibrate no longer do. I plan on getting another for my home subwoofer.

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Definitely worth it- I've got both versions, tightens up the sound both on stage and in the recording studio!

alguit

Silver Supporting Member
Everything said above, plus if I want to practice in my living room-and I live in a townhouse-my neighbors get no sound transmission through the floor-in fact, they now say they barely hear me!

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I use 3 Large Grammas (4x12 cabs) and 3 small. Definately worth it!

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
that's another benefit I have had that a previous poster mentioned- I live on the second floor and my downstairs neighbors say I am the quietest neighbor in the complex- the Gramma lets me play my tube amps in my apartment [I hate headphones!]
I say Grammas and Weber Beam Blockers have been the best investments for my speakers!!!!

gillibi

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and absolutely love it. Another "worth it" to add to the list.

mbargav

Love mine. Lets me play an AC30 in a 9th floor apartment without a single complaint. Basically lets you get loud without rattling the floor and walls. Get one!

peaky

Highly recommended. I've had one for a while now. As previously said, removes woofiness, tightens up the bass, makes your sound more consistent and also drastically cuts the amount of low end transmitted through the floor in my house. Its the low end which translates as boominess in other rooms that many people find annoying, this device helps to reduce this allowing me to play my amp at reasonable volumes at home without pissing people off.

Trending Topics