Austin City Limits 40th anniversary show!

Matt L

Pete Stroud's mid-60s Strat and Sheryl are a couple of mighty fine 50 year olds!

Blue Light

Dinner ran rate so I missed the first half hour, dammit. Always loved this show.
Glad to see Willie, but that 81 year old voice is gettin' a little shakey.
What surprised me was Emmylou Harris' voice. Either she had a bad night (nerves?) or, gee, I hate to think.
I also hate being critical of folks I love so I'm shutting up and watching.

Matt L

Check out the neck on KWS's Strat.....reverse channel-bound (rosewood with maple fingerboard).....sweet!

Reddog

I woulda missed it entirely if you hadn't brought this to my attention - I was only able to catch the last 45" but I can DVR the 4am show on another channel. Thanks!

Madison

I wanted to love it but it was a pretty lame 2 hours. The jam at the end sounded like any I've heard in someones garage. The youth brought it though, KWS ripped.

I'm in a hotel in Columbus Ohio and the wife is with me. A rariety.

Buddy guy came on and she said 'how neat'! Then she said can you turn this off- it's hurting my ears.

I wanted to love it but it was a pretty lame 2 hours. The jam at the end sounded like any I've heard in someones garage. The youth brought it though, KWS ripped.
I worked with Kenny briefly in '96 - he's a few moths younger than man - so I'll take the youth part.

I did notice the audience we mostly 50's kinda sad for the future.

Ephi82

Ya Emmy wasnt in good voice. A shadow of herself.

Anybody else tired of Willy Nelson's bit where he sings and plays his guitar out of rhythm with the band? I mean he used it sparingly in the past, but last night was annoying.

Especially when he had Crow and Lovett singing back ups. He left them out there hanging, disrespectful in my mind and sounded like crap.

Honestly, if you have Crow and Lovett available to sing back ups dont you sing so that you are in sync?

On the positive side, I love me some Joe Ely and Robert Earl Keen and Doyle tore it up, taking full advantage of having Crow on stage with him.

Grainslayer

I watched that last night.there was a band I've never heard of that sounded great.the singer/guitarist had a red Gibson sg and knew how to play...

Ok,it was Gary Clark jr..never heard of him before but that was a pretty rockin performance.

Last edited:

Dave2512

I liked it. House band with the Boquist bros and Lloyd Maines was very good. Amazing how distinct they sound. I swear at times I heard flashes of Son Volt. At the end when everyone did their lame solos Dave cut loose and everyone looked back like woah what was that.

McShred

Silver Supporting Member
I loved seeing them all play, and the talent pool was indeed high, but jesus... the material sucked moose knuckle. Some of the most boring blooze crud ever.

Trending Topics