Austin Speaker Works Speaker Mixing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lgehrig4, Feb 11, 2012.

1. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

I recently purchased a pair of KTS60s & 70s for my 4x12 and they are everything that I've read. Super punchy and articulate.

Now that I have a point of reference I'm surious to know how the elegantes would sound either paired with the 60s or 70s.

Has anyone heard either a mix of Elegantes/60s or Elegantes/70s and could you describe the difference that I would hear when compared to the mix of 60s and 70s?

I contacted ASW, but they seem opposed to mixing and apparently don't like to describe their speakers. When I asked they only said I would hear a little more compressions with the Elegantes. I'm sure I would hear more than just that though.

2. lgehrig4

Bump for some info :aok

3. wishkahdaddy

wishkahdaddy Member

The Elegante and 70 pairs well together. I know this from first hand experience.

4. lgehrig4

Have you heard the KTS70s by themselves? I'm trying to understand what the Elegantes would bring to the mix if paired with 70s or 60s?

5. wishkahdaddy

wishkahdaddy Member

Two 70's sound nice. I liked the mix better, however. The Elegante's are just so "thick and chewy". Great mix IMO.

6. lgehrig4

Thick and chewy! Now thats what I want to hear. Is it safe to say they have more bass than the 70s?