1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Auto Tune Guitar [DEMO]

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by M55ikael, May 18, 2011.

1. M55ikael

M55ikael Member

2. b2sc

b2sc Member

I must have ADD b/c i couldn't get past the first 2 mins of that video....

3. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

It's pretty interesting technology. If it was affordable.....I would think it could turn the guitar making process on its ear.....with auto Intonation, Tuning, Capo, Sampling.......you get a very powerful system triggered by a $99 guitar.:munch

4. RedTiger

RedTiger Member

The perfect intonation ability is bad ass. That's probably all I'd ever use it for. They could probably market just that by itself successfully.

5. M55ikael

M55ikael Member

The whole triple-core processor thing doesn't seem to indicate that it's going to be cheap anytime soon. I think it will see marginal interest from guitar players. Sort if like the Moog guitars. They will probably make a plugin eventually though.

I like the perfect intonation aspect as well, but would much prefer non-linear frets as opposed to digital pitch shifting.

6. oddguitar

oddguitar Member

This looks semi-interesting. Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a guitar with the Evertune bridge installed and have great intonation and tuning everywhere on the neck done naturally rather than have to have it fixed digitally....

-oddguitar

7. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

Evertune. Purely mechanical, stays in tune, relatively affordable. No batteries, midi cables, servos...nothing but springs and levers and OMG it works!

8. tone4days

tone4days Member

cool
    i play a mamabear with acoustic modeling triggered by a piezo bridge

this extends that to the electic modeling and adds in the auto tune features and virtual capo/tunig / etc

i'd love to know the effect of scale length of the actual instrument versus modeled instrument(s) - is it factored in and mitigated? or ignored? my laptop speakers are too lame to critically evaluate tone

i'd be interested
    t4d

9. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

Just tune it up like everyone else. What next, it will play itelf for you so you can be the Milli Vanilli of guitar?