AV 62 Hot Rod Strat Trem question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by DaveNJ, Jul 25, 2008.

1. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Supporting Member

Hello all,

I just got this fender am vintage 62 hot rod strat and I have a few questions on the trem setup:

1. When the bar is screwed in, should it have some back and forth play without it changing the pitch? So, I mean should it move a bit in the slot or am I just not screwing it in enough?

2. After I played it for a bit, I found this little spring on the floor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did that come from the strat? This is my first one, so I'm a little green...

Thanks, Dave

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Supporting Member

So, someone on the fender forum told me that it did come from the trem hole - I'm going to put some vaseline on it and put it back in there...

3. Supasso

Supasso Member

Yeah, Fender put the little spring in the hole to keep the arm snug. That's why there is a sticker covering the hole on every new guitar. Anyway, it's normal that the arm wiggles in the hole a bit.

4. DaveNJ

DaveNJ Supporting Member

Aha, thanks. I only had an american deluxe before which had the snap in arm...