availability of TIMMY pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by slowburn, Aug 8, 2005.

1. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

my birthday's this weekend, and my dad said he would hook me up with something (I'm choosing an overdrive pedal). a TIMMY is my first choice, but obviously the +1 month wait kind of derails my hoping to have something shipped by this weekend / early next week. are there any good alternatives to the TIMMY in the same price range, or should I just suck it up, order it, and ride it out until mid to late september?

Unadan likes this.
  2. AdmiralB

AdmiralB Silver Supporting Member

Dunno about TIMMY but the closest thing I've tried to a TIM is the G2D Custom.

Unadan likes this.
  3. erksin

erksin Member

There is nothing that compares to the Timmy for that price and then some - wait it out, you'll be VERY glad you did...

ogguitar and Barnzy like this.
  4. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, I'd say wait it out. For the money the Timmy is hard to beat and it'l be like your birthday all over again when it comes;)

Richard

Unadan likes this.
  5. devbro

devbro Member

What's the going rate for a new Timmy? I see them on ebay for $200. Are these guys scalping these boxes?

I've been trying to find a used one but have prety much given up.:(

6. fyler

fyler Member

they are $125 new.

Unadan likes this.
  7. erksin

erksin Member

Actually, they're $100 - $105 shipped...

Unadan likes this.
  8. fyler

fyler Member

i got mine in trade...i was just relaying what the guy i traded with said the new ones went for....possibly he was mistaken :)

9. MikeP

MikeP Member

Can someone email me Pauls contact info?
    Or post it here.
    Thanks
    Mike

10. Occam

Occam Member

Or just post it up...I'm sure there a still a few of us that don't have one and haven't stored his email address.

Unadan likes this.
  11. MikeP

MikeP Member

Actually I just found it searching the old posts.
    Seems he has no email or site just this ph #
    paul 615-896-8555

12. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Remember to only call that phone # after 7 pm central time. :)

Unadan likes this.
  13. devbro

devbro Member

It really sucks that people are taking his pedals and selling them for a profit on ebay. Given the popularity of his pedals, you would think he would capitalize on the oportunity and get a website. It's just a shame others are profiting at his expense.

14. fyler

fyler Member

he seems pretty cool about it. he's swamped with work, so if somebody wants to pay through the nose to avoid waiting, go for it. it's funny to me that people are so I-NEED-IT-NOW that they will pay an extra hundred dollars (or more) instead of getting on the list and having it in a couple of months. same with the klon (and those prices are just silly).

15. Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis Member

Okay -- while perhaps not the sharpest tool in the shed, I'm not a complete dummy either. Wassup with Timmy pedals? Other than forum posts there is virutally no info/photos/description on these things at all (is "things" even the correct word? Are there more than one type of TIM pedal?). The guy has no website, no email, you're supposed to call a number and say "send me one?":confused:

Enlighten me please, gang. thx :)

16. AbstractLunatic

AbstractLunatic Member

By day he is a mild mannered amp designer with some amazing amps on his workbench(so to speak...), by night he is the creator of a very nice couple of pedals that have TGP members in a lather. I'm on the waiting list for a Timmy and very excited about that.

Was that vague enough :D

17. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Yes, these pedals are shrouded in mystery...it is your choice: the red pill, or the blue pill...

You take the blue pill (TS9 from MF) and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and Timmy will show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Greg

ogguitar, thebeebs and Unadan like this.
  18. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

I'd like a cot50 to go with my magicboy vibe, but alas, I'm about a $100 short... hence the TIMMY talk. is the cot50 twice as good as the TIMMY?

19. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Very different pedals...the COT has a cool crunchy character, but it's limited compared to the Timmy, and I find it too bright for my application.

The Timmy is a bit smoother and more flexible with the 4 knobs.
    Greg

20. fyler

fyler Member

yeah, they are really different. actually the closer pedal in the lovepedal line would be the eternity...even though the EQ's of the timmy & eternity are totally (tonally?) different.