WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
if you've owned or played them, are they more Celestion Blue or Gold in their sound?
The Gold was supposed to be a higher watt version of the Blue, but definitely has it's own sound.
So, following their "British chime" description, and reading some reviews here that the Alnico 25 is very similar to a Blue, just wondering if the Alnico 50 is a Blue with more headroom or more like a Gold.
Also
Anyone compare these with the Fane A-60?

MissoulaGriz

I've got one coming in the next few days along with an Avatar A25. I'm going to mix and match these up. Mostly interested in the A25 in the AC15C2 mixed with the greenback but also mixed with the A50. I'll do a rundown when I give them a good trashing. Cheers!

p.s. The Who and the Jam...two of my all time favorites!

if you've owned or played them, are they more Celestion Blue or Gold in their sound?
The Gold was supposed to be a higher watt version of the Blue, but definitely has it's own sound.
So, following their "British chime" description, and reading some reviews here that the Alnico 25 is very similar to a Blue, just wondering if the Alnico 50 is a Blue with more headroom or more like a Gold.
Also
Anyone compare these with the Fane A-60?

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
I've got one coming in the next few days along with an Avatar A25. I'm going to mix and match these up. Mostly interested in the A25 in the AC15C2 mixed with the greenback but also mixed with the A50. I'll do a rundown when I give them a good trashing. Cheers!

p.s. The Who and the Jam...two of my all time favorites!
If you don't like the A-50, I might swap you a Fane F-90 16ihm for it:)

ifailedshapes

Gold Supporting Member
FWIW, Dave at Avatar said I was the first person to receive his speakers when he started shipping them. I've got the 25 watt alnico and 25 watt ceramic in a 2x12" and the 40 watt small-magnet alnico in a '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb.

They all sound fantastic, but the 25 watt alnico is my favorite of the bunch.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom