• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

bscepter

Anyone tried these? I'm looking at their 2x12 G212H semi-open-backed cabinet for my Blues. The price seems reasonable. Are they well-built?

What would you guys suggest for a 2x12 in the sub-$300 category?

Thanks!

dave s

very solid cab. I have the same model cab loaded with G12H30 speakers. Operates very solidly, sounds good, doesn't break my back (weight-wise) and didn't break the bank, (price was right).

IMO, the Avatar cabs are very close to the top of the 'best-bang-for-the-buck' list.

dave

Reeek

I think the G212H open is Daves best cab personally. I have two with various Weber speakers.

Calloway

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a 2x12 open back cab with green backs, and I don't think there is another cab that I would rather have. It holds up great, sounds great with the open back, and really takes the beating I give it fron gigging wonderfully!

bscepter

Originally posted by Calloway
I've got a 2x12 open back cab with green backs, and I don't think there is another cab that I would rather have. It holds up great, sounds great with the open back, and really takes the beating I give it fron gigging wonderfully!
Yep. It's sounding like the one to have. Personally, I want the open back simply so I can gaze at my expensive blue speakers...

mailman

A search will reveal many kudos on Avatar cabs. I have their special Celestion V30/Anniv. G12H30 combo and it's a winner in my book! There are many excellent cabs (THD highly recommended), but Avatar is the best 'bang for your buck' by far!

Reeek

I also should reenforce the open back configuration for the G212H too. That's what I have too and I bought the closed back panle but I have no intention of ever installing ;) I love the tone from the open back G212H.

Ldavey

Gold Supporting Member
Timely thread for me -- I just put two Cel. blues [from Avatar] in my AC30 RI and am angling to get an empty cab from Avatar, too for the greenbacks that the blues replaced. But I'd figured the closed-back was the way to go?

And a shout to a homey in Nebraska from someone who was born in Lincoln (a long time ago).

Larry

mailman

I don't necessarily agree. Can't see how 5/8-3/4" difference between front & rear of baffle mounting can make all that tonal difference. But, I can see that rear mounted speaker screws are more accessible and easier to swap out speakers more quickly.

bscepter

Just ordered a black/wheat "Premier" 2x12 open back cab from these guys. I hope it's what I'm looking for...

bmoney

waiting for the Avatar premier 4x12 loaded with G12-h30s.

Brown tolex with wheat grill.....sweeet!

blong

Silver Supporting Member
I have 212 special by Avatar, same speaker setup, V30/H30, just in a tan tolex/wheat grill to match my Rivera Rake. I love the cabinet. Best cab for the price.

If you don't have one, get one.

Bob

Trending Topics