Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mightytaco, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mightytaco

mightytaco Member

So I've been looking into a getting myself a better set up than my AD30VT. I have been looking at Avatar, from what I have seen on other sites they seem to be very good for the price, but what do you guys here think? TGP is the place to go for these things.

Also if you have any advice for a cheap head, nothing too pricey. I'm already looking into the Epiphone VJ and the Tiny Terror. Anything else in that range, close to $200 that has some nice valve sounds. I'm really looking for a good early 60's vibe. Any suggestions are welcomed.

2. mightytaco

mightytaco Member

3. JStizz

JStizz Member

avatar makes cabs, not amps, if im not mistaken.

4. mightytaco

mightytaco Member

Uh... Yeah, my bad. I was looking at their cabs, that was the reason I was interested in feedback on a head. I guess I just wasn't thinking for a second. Still, what have you heard about them? I've never found one to play around on yet, but TGP is the next best thing.

5. KazJY

KazJY Member

For Avatar cabs, check out the search function above to find older to recent threads on them (I say this politely). I don't own one yet, but will soon because of everything I read on here - There has been a LOT of threads on Avatar.

The TT is a great amp - it's a bit over $400, but you might find one used in the Emporium.

6. Slaphappy

Slaphappy Member

Just got one of these (G412 Vintage Custom Cabinet) yesterday............it's still in the box........so I can't say much about it yet.

[​IMG]

7. geonew

geonew Member

I have had a 112 Celestion Greenback cab from Avatar for over a year. The cab is well built and sounds great.

8. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

I have a basic 2x12 and I'm impressed. It's very solid. Haven't heard it next to any other big names, so I can't compare sound quality. But I like it.

9. minjason

minjason Member

i love my Avatar 2X12 cab with G12H30s. The cabs are not only sturdy and affordable, but Dave's customer service is also second to none. He answered all the questions I had about finding the right cab/speakers for my bassman and shipped it out the day I ordered it.

10. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I own two of these:
    [​IMG]

and they are great. Light weight. Excellent quality and affordable.​