• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

AnthonyL

Gold Supporting Member
Any of you guys try one? Feedback please. How do they stack up? Description says it's modeled after the Bluesbreaker cabs...

This one:

voojo

I would like to know more about this beast as well, if anybody has played through one. It has a slightly slanted speaker baffle, I think that would be cool. It is a heavy tank though (as are most 4x12s)

ROKY

I have the Bluesbreaker(2x12) cab and it's a great cab.

I think Mojotone makes the Vintage 2x12 and 4x12 cabs for Avatar.

IPlayHamers

I'm interested in the 4x12 too. How does it stack up the more expensive cabs available?

Right now I'm really liking the Bogner (Expensive), Egnater and Marshall HW (Expensive) cabs.

I like the fact that Avatar offers so many speaker choices, which is something the others don't do unless you special order (Takes time).

I really hope some users chime in.......:D

grantford

Alright I'll chime in. I got mine right when Avatar had just released them. I have 3 avatar cabs fro reference. 2 were "traditional", and then I got the 4x12 "vintage" that you are asking about.

I didn't want to say anything because I think mine was an anomily and I really like Avatar overall...

I'm going to be straight up, mine was underwhelming. Great for the price, but the other 2 traditional cabs were much better value for the price. It didnt help that DHL manhandled the freakin' thing either. I had to add screws to secure the speaker baffle when I got it- It had some play in it. and wasnt secured because some screws got stripped. The white piping in front was sloppily applied and is very wavy. The grill was also a little sloppy and loose.

THere you have it.

Grant

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
I have one and it is great. These are basically the mojotone version of a Marshall straight cab. As good as any 4 *12 I have seen or played and better than most, regardless of price.

grantford

Yep, thats what everyone says. Like I said in my post, I think mine was a fluke. I left the grill and piping as is because I gig with this cab, but one thing I did is seal up the cab better with caulking. I dont know if I needed to do that or not, lol. Good luck!

phatster

The cab is well made but heavier than some...the speaker you use is very important..I.m VERY happy with a X pattern of Hellotones 60/30.Great for classic rock.

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
Yep, thats what everyone says. Like I said in my post, I think mine was a fluke. I left the grill and piping as is because I gig with this cab, but one thing I did is seal up the cab better with caulking. I dont know if I needed to do that or not, lol. Good luck!

Too bad you didn't call Dave at Avatar. I am sure he would have fixed things up.

grantford

Too bad you didn't call Dave at Avatar. I am sure he would have fixed things up.

Youre probably right. Too bad I didnt think to do that. Granted I didnt notice the baffle was loose until months later. I never gigged it, but I can't prove that.

With the wavvy trim and cloth I figured it was typical. I was one of the 1st to buy one of these that I knew of.

Even with the problems it was fine for the price. I thought the other 2 traditional ones I have are better value tho...

Top Bottom