• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

bradinnm

I wonder if Avatar could/would ever create/sell a "Hellatone 25", a worked Greenback. It seems like a logical progression to me and might be popular with the new Avatar 18 amp. Any thoughts (perhaps from someone working at Avatar).

THANKS

daveAvatar

HI, We can take a standard 25w Greenback or any of the other Celestions and break them in over night on audio amps for you at no extra charge. We presently break in two models and are allowed to market them as Hellatones.
The Vintage 30 becomes a HT 60 and the G12H30 70th year becomes the HT 30.
I've wanted to do more but Celestion only lets us do those two models. So for now, the others will stay with the Celestion labels, but we can do the free break in for you. Thanks Dave

thosk

Gold Supporting Member
Yep-Dave broke in my Greenback when I purchased a loaded cab a couple of years ago. Highly recommended.

bradinnm

Outstanding Dave, you guys do good work.

But now that leads to my next question, which broken in speaker in an Avatar Traditional 1x12 open back to pair with the Avatar 18 watt?

G12M25 Greenback or Hellatone 30 (G12H30 A)?

Opinions anyone?

daveAvatar

After trying a bunch of speakers with the 18w amp while making the videos, the general consensus was that the 25w Greenback in a closed back 112 cab or the Alnico Gold in a partial open back 112 were the favorites.
We're supposed to make a video next Tuesday with a great studio player who will be demonstrating the three amps(18w EL84, 18w 6V6, 45w KT66) with the emphasis on more overdrive crunchier tones. We'll be using a variety of different Celestions on that video as well so it should be very informative.

Trending Topics