mykljpao

Does anyone have any direct experience with Avatar's neo bass cabs; 4x10 and 2x12 specifically?? They will be pushed by either a gk 1001 or an ampeg svt4 pro. Power handling is obviously not an issue. Sound quality?? Looking for a bigger, tighter sound than the 2x10 plus 1x15 I currently run. The prices are almost too good to be true but I am aware of how well their guitar cabs are regarded. Thanks for the help.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
haven't seen those specific cabs, but a 4x10 makes a lot of sense. they're typically punchy and balanced by themselves, and would likely kick butt on top of your 1x15 for bigger shows.

theroan

talkbass.com speaks very very highly of them. Solid quality, well priced and fairly light. Their 12's seem to be a fan favourite.

soldierscry

I have a 2x10 and a 1x12 in my rig, and they sound gear (and are light weight) I'm currently running a Traynor YBA200.

reno88

i have that cab and play an ampeg svt2 through it. it sounds every bit as good as the ampeg cabs (and others) i've used. i like the tone control on the back, too. i'm also considering the 2x12. the folks at avatar are great. give them a call, and they'll get you dialed in.

Last edited:

BassplayerRob

I have the SB112, just BARELY not able to cut an ungodly loud guitar and slamming drummer. Awesome tone. The 2 12 will blast. I would get 2 for a really serious rig. I have a 1970's Kustom 412 bass cab and 4 Avatar 12" bass speakers are on the way. Can't wait.

I have the 4x10 and it is awesome. Different tone than your average ampeg, but really good. Also the lightness of these cabs needs be mentioned.

I have the 212 and i had the 410. The 212 has a thicker tone than the 410 so I held on to it. Both cabs are well made. The 410 is very light. The 212 is a little bit heavier but nothing much. I've never gigged with either of them but at practice neither of them broke a sweat and I only had about 150w going into each of them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom