Avenger, HR50, Deliverance or Rectoverb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by keith_t4e, Dec 1, 2005.

1. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

OK, I've been planning on buying an Avenger for the longest time, but now that I'm just about there with the money along comes the Deliverance. The Avenger is too compressed. I'm not sure how well it will clean up. Yet, the clips I've heard sound awesome. Who likes the Avenger.

Anyone have the Deliverance? I'm intrigued by the set up of this amp. The "more" gain setting. The "voice" of the gain thick or crisp I believe it is. Who likes this one?

Lastly is the HR50 a lot beter gain chanel that Avenger and who likes the Rectoverb the best?
    By the way I'm operating on about a 1300-1500 dallar range.

2. Razor

Razor Silver Supporting Member

I have played through an Avenger, and I own a Deliverance 60. I liked the Avenger alot. It had a great overdrive tone. I love the VHT. Both amps are one channel amps, but the VHT is very versatile. Give the VHT a try. I think you would love the tone.

Razor

3. markp

markp Member

I love my Avenger,But I want a Deliverance.
    Avenger is my favorite high gainer,but I do not like the way it cleans up.It can be dial to clean up pretty good but then I feal that it is a compromize of the dirty sound I want.

Havnt played the Deliverance yet but I am thinking it would do some of what the Flexi does for me as well as some of what the Avenger does.

I live in the stix and I will get a Deliverance before I even play one.

4. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I know. I want them both too. The deliverance really sounds cool. Now I'm back thinking about Stilletos but I doubt I'd get a Stilleto. I"ll probably get an Avenger. There is just something about having a Soldano amp. What speakers? Do you need low wattage speakers? I want to try the deliverance too. I'm in eastern NC.

5. markp

markp Member

I like alot of speakers with Avenger G30H/V-30 is nice,My 2 Scumbag H clones are bad a$$ and 4x12 with green backs is cool too.
    I do use a THD hotplate and usually have maste about noon for tight melal rythms and up to 3:00 for my shread tone.at the 3 oclock setting every note will bloom into feed back and it it awsome.I do think the master is really good but crank is awsome.

6. UconnJack

UconnJack Member

I've never played an Avenger but I can comment on the Deliverance. I've had my D-60 for a whole 2-days now, so take what I say with a grain of salt. This is the most articulate and versitle one-channel amp I have ever played.

I was looking for a dirty amp to A/B with my SF Bassman. After playing this baby, i'm rethinking my set-up. I may not need the Bassman at all. It cleans-up that good with my strats volume control. With HB's it can get frothy thick. The 1st gain knob can take the tone from crisp to thick, then dial in the requisite gain to taste with the 2nd gain knob. Crank the tone controls and it will do the Hot Rodded Marshall thing all day. I'm loving this amp.

Listen to the clips on the VHT site. I downloaded those settings and gave them a whirl. Awesome.....My favorite so far is the Mid-Gain setting.

YMMV!
    UJ

7. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I"m really getting cold feet, but I still might order it this weekend.

8. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

Ordered Avenger today. I got a great deal on a new one.

9. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I'm intrigued by the deliverance. I can't wait to try one out. The sixty watt one would be the one for me.

10. matte

matte Senior Member

Couldn't agree more. Incredible and unique amp from a likewise inclined designer and player.

11. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

The deliverance is on the radar screen. I want to try one out first. Some guy flamed me for posting that I like for people to actually keep stuff in stock instead of the buyer having to have the dealer order it. I got the avenger because the store had it. It is unfortunate that no local store had it in stock. I will try the deliverance at Indoor Storm in Raleigh nc.