Average price on top three modelers

Pseudohobbit

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have research on the average used prices on the latest Ax, Kemper (nonpowered), and Helix?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Axfe = $1550-2000 (depends on version, mark I, II or IIXL)
KPA = $1500-1700 (depends on paid third party profiles, bag, etc.)
Helix = $1200-1400

wcfields

AX8 - have been seen used anywhere from $1400 - $2500
FX8 - $1250 - $1400

Both are on waiting lists, so prices vary greatly.....

hobbes1

I was in a chat with a GC rep. the other day re: St Patrick day sale. He told me that Line 6 had decreed that Helix would not be eligible for any coupons or discounts. Told him that was a shame as there would probably be a number of people who won't pay retail and will buy used instead. So, line 6 and GC would both lose a sale in those cases.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
When I got my PODs at Guitar Center they always came off the price. Typically $50 for under $500, $100 off if under $1000 etc.

But this is a very new product so I guess I can see why they aren't putting a cheaper price in the minds of consumers who will expect it again or just wait for another holiday.

hobbes1

Well. there were many people who publicly, loudly, gleefully proclaimed on this forum about the deals they were getting and the coupons that were honored, price matched, etc.
Given the high number of views/participation in the Helix megathread and the presence of Line 6 managers there, I'm guessing they eventually realized that they might actually be able to institute a price control on that piece of gear. Whether it's GC realizing the demand and not wanting to give up on the price or Line 6 or both, it seems now that deals are not to be had. IMHO, eventually, those who wait will be able to score deals on Helix on the used market and at some point, it's likely that the used price will drop below $1k.

GuitarGuru83

No one mentioned the Amplifire $600, its an awesome piece of gear whose amp sims rival Axe Fx, it supports IRs and sounds great!

Trending Topics