Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
Seems like the only way to get product from this joker is to place your order using PayPal, wait about three weeks and send him an email demanding either immediate shipment or refund. Regardless of his response (if any), immediately file a claim with PayPal. Amazingly, your order will then show up within about a week. That's exactly what happened with the two orders I placed, one last year and the first about 2 years ago.
I have to ask. Why would you make a second order with a business that operates like this? It’s not like anyone talks up the quality of the few that actually arrive. Just curious. Patience of a saint?

bluesky636

I have to ask. Why would you make a second order with a business that operates like this? It’s not like anyone talks up the quality of the few that actually arrive. Just curious. Patience of a saint?
Very simple. He was the only one that made exactly what I wanted. But I no longer use or recommend his products.

GeeDub

You guys need to read this THREAD. It is assumed the owner/operator of Loop-Master is deceased. I doubt there will be any further recourse for those who have made a purchase but have not received the merchandise.

GeeDub

Not what I recall, but I could be wrong. There was one obit which was supposed to be the correct person, although it did not reference his business. Regardless, he may as well be since purchases are not being fulfilled, for over a year or more, now.

Not what I recall, but I could be wrong. There was one obit which was supposed to be the correct person, although it did not reference his business. Regardless, he may as well be since purchases are not being fulfilled, for over a year or more, now.

Hey, he's not deceased.

This is copied directly from the contact/FAQ page of Loop-Master's website.

"2-17-21 update: Folks, I have had several ailments in the past year that has severely slowed me down. I just got out of the hospital again for two broken and dislocated shoulders and four fractured vertebrae from an accident. I am sorry for the lack of replies but I am slowly recovering and working as much as my ailments will let me. Please bear with me during this difficult time and thank you so much for your business."

Last edited:

GeeDub

Well, for those who own the riveted version, simply drill out the rivets and use appropriate size screws. It is pretty easy to do.
It is really odd that out of all the pedals I own, most importantly the older ones, not a single footswitch has gone quirky. But those on my Loop-Master switcher did.

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
5+ years ago he actually used top grade components, at least up to 2014 when I ordered a 4-loopmaster that came with smooth + quiet switches, but then a 2018 unit I picked up on Reverb had el-cheapo switches that were loud + hard to push ~ Somewhere down the line Mr. Loopmaster lost his way (obviously).

Sb3000

Silver Supporting Member
I had issues/delay’s with this guy as well back in 2019. Took a number of emails and about 6 or 7 months to get my pedal. As far as if he is deceased, fortunately he is still alive and kicking! One can simply google Kentucky LLC filings, search the KY Secretary of State’s website and see he clearly updated his LLC on 5/14/2021 at 11:40am. It’s unfortunate that he’s never been able to move past production issues and increase his output. I remember posts about firing an apprentice and other health issues back then. The pedals used to be very reliable and rock solid. The one I finally received served me well. I hope he can get back on his feet and can fulfill his orders. Check out SaturnWorks pedals as well. I have no affiliation with them, but they make quality looper/ABY and other switcher style pedals and you can actually get someone on the phone. Their pedals are highly customizable. Fast shipping and reasonably priced. Rock on!
View media item 316590

Last edited:

Pedal

I have 5 loop one, liked it and placed an paid an new order about a year ago. Ordered 7-loop strip. More or less every month I sent a question and the answer was always an automatic answer about the disease, etc ... Now I turned to my bank and got my money back!

JP_Tahoe

I ordered a custom build many months ago and never received the product. I read the other post and it sounds like Brian is still alive.

Here is the last email I received:

March 10, 2021,

This is an auto reply to let you know that I have been very ill as of
late due to two, broken and dislocated shoulders recently due to
seizures.

There has been other ailments in the past year that has slowed me down
severely. Acute kidney failure starting in Jan of last year that
lasted until September, then I caught Covid and then this. It has been
a very difficult time.

I hope you can bear with me. I am trying my best to get back up to
speed as fast as I can and I will try to get back to you as soon as I
possibly can and get your order moving. Thank you very much for your
business and I am so sorry for any delays or inconvenience.

zestystrat

If I had an outstanding order, I’d just file a PayPal dispute and try to get my money back and move on.

Update: I've ordered a loop on July 20th 2021, see today that the website is non-functional anymore, ask Brian to reply to me, receive the same "ill" message again... I was confused about all this, so i've call mastercard for a refund, they will investigate on this. Sad...

8len8

Update: I've ordered a loop on July 20th 2021, see today that the website is non-functional anymore, ask Brian to reply to me, receive the same "ill" message again... I was confused about all this, so i've call mastercard for a refund, they will investigate on this. Sad...
Why order from them after all the horror stories here? Why not just put on a blindfold and walk towards the nearest highway?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom