Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
I ordered a switcher from these guys a few years back, I would not do so again.

It's a basic product, so there isn't really a good reason to wait 12 weeks and then deal with quality control issues.
I've got to agree with you there. Hence the reason for this thread.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
i had looked into their switchers but ended up going a different route. seemed like their reputation has been bolstered by much older reviews and their clientele list. there were some posts complaining about quality and loopmaster attributed it to a specific employee messing things up and the individual being let go. but the turnaround time always seemed quite long and the positive reviews less and less.

if you're going to pay anything via paypal you should do it with your CC linked. the paypal dispute window won't do you any favors if you're using a balance in your account to pay. but with the CC you can at least dispute the charges eventually. i know that may not help those who might be using their paypal balance or cash from their bank, but unless you're 99% sure the vendor/seller will come through, only use your CC if you can.
Good advice.

$100 isn't the end of the world for me, so the risk was pretty low. Definitely wouldn't be doing this sort of thing on a larger purchase.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
Don't they fasten some of their enclosures shut with rivets? That would make it difficult for anyone to casually "mess with it" (or repair it, for that matter - ask me how I know).
Indeed they do and the one in question was riveted shut.

ellsworthman

The Geezer of Gear
Gold Supporting Member
Please email me me and I will make this right. I am so sorry about this. Some life issues has complicated things here in the last year or so along with the loss of help.

loopmasterpedals@gmail.com
Life issues and a loss of help or not, you've had delivery delays going on for at least the past few years. I truly hope you can get them straightened out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Loop-Master

Life issues and a loss of help or not, you've had delivery delays going on for at least the past few years. I truly hope you can get them straightened out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yessir I have, it has been tough. If I have let anyone down, I am so terribly sorry.

I am slowly turning things around for the better. If I can make anything right with anyone, please let me know.

Last edited:

RockDebris

Long story short I purchased a looper pedal from the loop master website in August of 2017 with an expected and published wait time of 10-12 weeks. No problem I thought, I can wait a little while. It finally ended up arriving at my doorstep earlier this month after a string of emails throughout 2018 about why they were so behind on production and that it would ship soon.

Now because the wait ended up being over a year I had purchased a loop pedal for my board from Road Rage (great product btw, highly recommended) and listed the LoopMaster for sale on reverb. It sells and I send the pedal off within days of it getting to me. The buyer says the pedal doesnt work with some of his fuzz pedals and sends a video of it buzzing and humming to Brian at LoopMaster. His response...”someone messed with that pedal.”

Dude, seriously? Youre the only one who touched the thing. You messed with it and apparently it took over a year to do so.

To sum up with a caveat: Unless the buyer is being less than forthcoming about what he did or tried to do once it was in his posession the response from Brian is less than helpful and the wait times are absurd.

Anyway...avoid LoopMaster pedals. Seems another once reputable company has struggled to keep up.

Similar fate with my experience. I got the pedal after a lengthy wait (can't remember exactly, 16 weeks or something like that .. longer than anticipated, but not over 1 year! Yikes.) and when it arrived it was wired incorrectly (I had a custom spec we agreed to which I had provided diagrams for, which was apparently completely ignored by they time they got around to making it). Emailed, said he'd make it right, figured I'd rather just knock $10 off the price, describe how it actually works and sell it on eBay rather than find out what kind of wait would be involved in getting it fixed (luckily no shortage of people wanting these pedals for whatever reason, so it sold in a couple of hours).

Really, there is no reason to wait very long for such a simple bypass looper placed into an unpainted hobby box with decals, loud switches that you can actually hear THROUGH THE AMP, much less pay full in advance for it. By the time you get it, your needs will probably have changed anyway. Lesson learned.

It's a bit perplexing how these became some kind of TGP darling and how I went for it. It seems sometimes like if the owner of a business posts here, that's all people need to advocate for it. The song and dance about lengthy delays have been going on for many years. It's one thing to say there is a 12 week lead time and have the parties agree, it's another to habitually miss that target by a drastic amount, especially after you've already collected the money.

The sick part is, I probably could have increased the price $10+ and still sold it on eBay. smh. This is the experience where I decided to never pay for gear before it is ready to ship again. Do what Analogman does, charge customers when it is really on the bench.

Last edited:

dcbc

If I can make anything right with anyone, please let me know.
This always is a good thing to read. I hope those affected will reach out to you and you can get things worked out. I had one of your larger switchers back in my more complicated pedal board days. Worked well and was rugged and reliable. Good luck to all involved.

PDXtone

When I ordered my switch the website read, 15-20 days for completion. I figured that was pretty good considering what I had been reading about long wait times with LoopMaster. After a month and a half I received an email the switch was "wiring, testing, shipping." I thought "great its coming". I'm into the third month now and nothing.
I've since completed my board with another switch that arrived from Europe in 10 days. (and it needed to be built) I'm sure the Loopmaster is a great product but I needed to complete my board to move on.
And unhappy customers can't receive a refund because their order "was started immediately"

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Transparency is so important in customer service. It's ridiculous to say "we started your pedal immediately after we got your order" and not have the pedal done in a week, that's just not how people work. You're gonna start and finish wiring one pedal before you move on to the next. And if cosmetics are holding you up you can easily complete a bunch of boxes, label or paint em and be ready. It makes no sense?

RockDebris

When I ordered my switch the website read, 15-20 days for completion. I figured that was pretty good considering what I had been reading about long wait times with LoopMaster.
Welcome. It sucks to hear how many times this has happened. If only people would put more faith in what others have experienced than what the product website has to say. Even people who finally got their loopers and like them never seem to say, "and I got it on time". At least not for many years.

Dennis E.

Gold Supporting Member
Yessir I have, it has been tough. If I have let anyone down, I am so terribly sorry.

I am slowly turning things around for the better. If I can make anything right with anyone, please let me know.
FWIW, I waited well over a year for a loop strip and was promised delivery several times with no success. I simply reached out to Brian and asked for my money back through PayPal and he apologized and issued me a refund. Pretty straight up dude from my experience.

I hope he gets things on track. I have several LM strips and would buy them again if I knew he could deliver. Until then, no.

Website should list 4-6 week est delivery time. I waited 6.

Fantastic switcher 5 loop w/ tuner out

Well worth the wait (and a steal at the price I paid), although I would prefer to have known beforehand.

Lash78

I've been waiting almost 16 months! If I knew it would take so long I never would have placed an order. My patience is almost gone :(

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Wait... now PP is evil because 180 days window for dispute is too short?!!

Shii changes fast around here :)
First of all, that is not what he said. Second, I love how someone takes one person’s comment and attributes it to all of TGP (and in the process implies that they aren’t part of this community).

HERSCHEL

I ordered mine 4/13/2019, received an update 6/13/2019 that it was delayed but in the works.

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah I read about this company a couple of years ago and stayed away. Him and a couple others on tgp are notorious for taking forever and delivering subpar products at times. Dont know why people use them. Anyhow, sorry to hear

Trending Topics