Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

JackfromAK

Platinum Supporting Member
Agreed, yeah. I think it's often no more than wishful thinking coupled with the inevitable delays of being an extremely small business. I'm sure it would alienate some segment of buyers, too, but I'd rather they just say "realistically it could be two (four?) months". I received at least two pedals in the last month that had long wait times that had been communicated in advance and it was a real pleasure not to go through the frustration the other recent order caused - and it's not as if that guy disappeared. They're being shipped, they just holed up and didn't talk much while they were building them.

Given it was a cc through PayPal I should probably spend more time doing deep breathing exercises.

Funky54

Well... I hadn’t read but the first page before responding. I didn’t know Loopmaster responded. That’s good. Thanks for not dodging anything. In business that’s all you can do.

Jabo D

I’m sitting on 5 months now. Ordered a mini 3 Looper on 2/28/2019. Last email I received was 4/29. “Wiring/Testing/Shipping”

Loop-Master

I am so sorry for the delay folks. I sent notices out while back that I had been in the hospital and it has slowed me down but maybe some of you didn't get it. I am working night and day to get caught up.

gbravo

Gold Supporting Member
I've ordered probably 5-6 pedals from LoopMaster over the past 10 years. They all still work fine - no issues and they're built like a truck. The last one I ordered had the longest lag time; it took 5-6 months to ship. But honestly, I am more than satisfied with the product.

sniklars

I've been waiting for mine for 14 months, i don't even need them anymore. Asked for a refund but i haven't heard anything.
Completely understandable and i get the situation he's in - if there's no work started on mine yet i don't understand why i can't just be refunded.

Paypal blocked my claim due to the 180 day limit, - i tried sending an email first.

Perry D.

Silver Supporting Member
i don't even need them anymore.
This^
I’ve tried to be nice about the situation, thinking that he’d just put me off even longer if I complained... But now, like Sniklars, I don’t even need the looper anymore, and don’t give a f**k if I make the guy angry at me!
$55 out of my back pocket with nothing to show for it! :mad:
Yet another life lesson learned!

Last edited:

Perry D.

Silver Supporting Member
I talked to him about sending one back for repair because the switches worked intermittently and give me a estimate.
He told me to go ahead & send it back.
Months later after he got to it he told me it would be easier on him to just have me buy a new one....
he kept my pedal...
Ha! What a b’ass-ackwards way to run a business! (into the ground!!)

DonaldDemon

I talked to him about sending one back for repair because the switches worked intermittently and give me a estimate.
He told me to go ahead & send it back.
Months later after he got to it he told me it would be easier on him to just have me buy a new one....
he kept my pedal...
Ugh, going through a similar thing. Mine has been not working right for a while now and I asked about repairs, he suggested I buy a new one. Normally, I would not be happy with that response but he said he had the one I needed on sale and ready to ship, just needed LEDs. That was over 6 weeks ago, and in still dealing with trying to get while using this broken one. Loopmaster needed to get his **** together or find another way to make a living, that's just not right to do that to people.

Last edited:

romo

Silver Supporting Member
My loopmaster switch arrived wired backwards (LED was on when switch was off). It was already months late so I said no thanks when they offered to fix it if I sent it back and took care of it myself. They aren't very complicated circuits so to the posters above you might be able to figure it out on your own.

toddincharlotte

Silver Supporting Member
Ahhhhhh.....the new year loopmaster bump! I'll pile on. Two products from him. First one took 3 or 4 months. Second one, close to a year. Loopers/switchers are the most basic pedal there is out there. My suggestion is if you're looking for one, buy any. It's literally input/output jacks, wired to a switch....no rocket science or mojo here. It's not like you're looking for some wild unobtanium germanium transistor. Basic jacks, wiring and switches.

RockDebris

My loopmaster switch arrived wired backwards (LED was on when switch was off). It was already months late so I said no thanks when they offered to fix it if I sent it back and took care of it myself. They aren't very complicated circuits so to the posters above you might be able to figure it out on your own.
That's the worst. Same with mine, after ONLY 5 months several years ago, mine arrived and was not wired to my spec (riveted shut, of course :rolleyes:). He apologized and offered for me to send it back for rewiring, but I was ready for this to end. I didn't even need it anymore. I put it on YouTube with a full description of the wiring, no hype and $10 less than I paid. It sold in less than an hour. I could have actually made money. The hype around these is way out of proportion for what they are. Unpainted hobby boxes with nearly the simplest audio circuit that can be built and a power jack just used to light up some LEDs.

dacula789

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, do you think just maybe this guy should not be in business. Im curious as to why anyone would order a product from him. Is he offering something exclusive? I remember years ago selling a looper pedal manufacturerd from a different vendor on eBay. He contacted me to remove the pedal stating I was infringing on his products. Nut job I say.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
You’d think that all of the TGP members that have been mislead could get together and file some kind of lawsuit against Loop-Master, instead of just complaining on a forum.

Just find out what city the company is located in, then contact the local police department about how to proceed with a lawsuit.

Trending Topics