• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

AVRI Jazzmaster Trem - Where to Buy or Other Options to Replace MIJ Trem

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
Hey Everyone. I’m looking to replace the tremolo on my MIJ Jazzmaster. It’s really not doing the job at the moment. The spring doesn’t reliably go back to the right position and the lock doesn’t function correctly (this is after setting it up correctly).

I’ve been trying to find an AVRI tremolo, but these seem to be quite difficult to locate. I’ve checked where I usually shop for parts; Guitar Parts Resource and MojoTone seem to be sold out. eBay has a bunch of Japanese and Blacktop trems, but I haven’t seen and AVRI units.

Does anyone know where I can find a new (or even used) AVRI tremolo?

Alternatively, are there any good tremolos made by other manufacturers (WD, Allparts, etc.)? I’d be open to using a non-Fender tremolo if there is good tuning stability. I don’t really care about having a tremolo lock. I don’t break strings often.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OHSOFUZZY

I recently saw this was going to be available soon........for $160? maybe?

http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-vibrato.php

I was definitely interested, but I haven't had any issues with my CIJ JM trem at all. Sets up well, holds tuning with trem use, lock works.

Not sure what your situation is and no offense intended, but are you sure it's set up properly?

PhilF

I'm sorry I can't help on this one. I've been looking for the AVRI units for a few months now for some projects. EVERYONE is out of those things and the Fender factory just keeps saying they'll ship out next month...next month rolls around...they'll ship out NEXT month.

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
I recently saw this was going to be available soon........for $160? maybe?

http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-vibrato.php

I was definitely interested, but I haven't had any issues with my CIJ JM trem at all. Sets up well, holds tuning with trem use, lock works.

Not sure what your situation is and no offense intended, but are you sure it's set up properly?
Thanks a lot for the link. I was thinking, over the weekend, that I wish the Mastery Bridge guys would design a tremolo system. I guess I'm getting my wish. I'll read up on this, and will more than likely go this route. I've purchased 4 or so Mastery Bridges over the years and really like them.

Regarding setup (no offense taken at all), I'm 99% sure I've got it right. I actually adjusted the trem on my AVRI at the same time as my MIJ and have had no issues with the AVRI.

RocksOff

From what I understand, the new Mastery system is going to be incredible. A fully adjustable arm for complete free spring all the way through stay-in-place, a new spring system, in-set mounting screws under the E strings, and the typical Mastery bulletproof construction.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom