Ax8 with pedals?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by EagleDo, Apr 22, 2016.

1. EagleDo

EagleDo Member

can put a pedal somewhere into the ax8 and set it up a pre set?

2. m~Dan

m~Dan Member

You want to use a drive/FX pedal with the AX8 and configure the on/off based on preset? That would work if you put it in the AX8's loop :)

3. james...

james... Member

You can put one in the loop, yes.

FWIW I've been down that road with the Fractal units 3 or 4 times. At one point I was actually running a full pedal board into the front of an axe-fx. I know, ridiculous.

Three years ago, this was something maybe worth doing. But in the last 10 months, the drives, delays, and mod sounds have all gotten to the point where pedals are honestly really redundant. I could MAYBE see some people wanting to use a pedal reverb though. The Fractal reverb, as amazing as it is, can be difficult to dial in if you want some more "textural" or "ambient" reverbs like a lot of guys are doing now with the Big Sky.

The delays and drives have come a LONG way since 2014. The Reverb is obviously amazing, but again, for weird cinematic reverb sounds, they aren't always easy to dial.

TimeSnow likes this.
  4. hippietim

hippietim Silver Supporting Member

I use the AX8 loop for an EHX Key9 or C9 pedal. There just isn't a modeler with this capability yet. You can also run things in front of the AX8 as well - I've been using my wah in front of it for instance and it sounds great.