AXE FX 2 just for multi effects?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JasonD, Feb 10, 2012.

1. JasonD

JasonD Member

Hey guys,

I've been tossing around the idea of getting some sick multi effects processor(s).
    I was thinking at first of I getting some of the following:
    G-Force
    G-System
    Eventide Eclipse
    Old school 2290/GTR4000 together
    TC D2/Pitchfactor
    Then I went to go see Dream Theater on this tour and loved his delay sounds and was amazed to find out John is just using a Axe Fx 2! My question is the Axe FX 2 worth it just for multi fx alone? For the price I could pretty much buy any of the stuff I've listened......help

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel Silver Supporting Member

I say the ultra would be just as Good as effects only and alot $$$$ cheaper.

I did not notice any difference in the quality of the effects between the 2 units.

3. JasonD

JasonD Member

Yeah. From what I've read, the axe fx2 seems to be more of a upgrade for the amp simulations than the effects.

4. ejecta

ejecta Member

I never could get my AxeFX2 quiet enough for my tastes with my Friedman amp.

If I were a professional at amp rigs I'm sure I could have figured something out but hum eliminators, hum x plugs, level balancing, gates etc would not get rid if this high pitched hum.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012