Axe FX II dimensions?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Couloirman, May 19, 2012.

1. Couloirman

Couloirman Supporting Member

Can anyone tell me the height, width and depth of the Axe FX II? For some unknown reason it is not on their website. I am building a new music station in the corner of my bedroom and want it to be ready when my name comes up on the list so Im building it before it arrives. I just need to know the height, width (not including the attachment tabs on the front of the unit, just the width of the body of the unit, and the depth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I googled and did not find it.

Really excited to build this!

Thanks

2. mindseye

mindseye Member

It's a standard 2 space, front to back is 14"-14 1/4 if I remember correctly

3. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

17 1/8 inch wide(not including attachment tabs), 3.5 inch high, 13 inch deep.

Exact measurements!!

4. Couloirman

Thanks guys. But hmmmmmmmmm, two different measurements. Were talking Axe FX II here not previous models right? I guess mindseye is going off memory.

Willowdale-- did you measure it yourself so the numbers are definitely correct? Sorry, I wouldnt normally doubt you, just didnt quite expect two different answers.

Thanks again for the help!

5. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

Did you check the manual, don't have my copy here, but you can download on Fractals website, it might have it.

6. Couloirman

Score. you rule. 19 wide, 14.25 deep, 3.5 height. Now its time to build.

Thanks!

7. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

^ I gave you the actual measurements. The manual has to be including the front handles in the depth measurement, and the side attachment tabs for the wide measurements.

I gave you the actual measurements without these things that you didn't want.

Doubt me at your own peril!! lol

8. Couloirman

Good point. Your measure sounds better for me. I am making the inside of the cabinet the perfect width to slide the unit into and get stopped by the attachment tabs, and want the back to be flush with the end of the unit so I will go by you. Its not like itll take too long to build so Ill just switch it up if I have to. The manual has to account for the entire measurement of the unit so that depth measurement likely includes the part of the front panel that sicks out in front of the tabs, and the width would have to account for that too. TGP rules.

Thanks again man.

9. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Are you leaving room for cables?

10. Couloirman

Well, actually, no. Are you thinking I need to leave a few inches on each side? Where do the cables attach? I figured they would either go in the front back or sides. The back of the unit I am building will be open behind the axe fx so if they come out the back that wont be an issue, and if there are side cables I was planning on drilling a couple well placed holes and routing the cables through them. Sound reasonable? Space is an issue so Id probably rather drill a couple holes than make the whole structure any wider than it needs to be.

11. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Cables go in the back (except for instrument input). Your earlier post made it sound like the back was closed and flush with the back of the Axe. Party on, Wayne.

12. Couloirman

Ah gotcha. Well the back will be flush just not closed. I am making a cabinet which will have a closed back on the bottom of the unit that rises up to the height of the amp I am putting in there, then it will be open back for the top half to allow for cables running out of the axe fx and power amp in case I want to run the axe fx through my 2x12. I just wanted it to be the right depth not so that i can put a back behind the axe fx, but just so it takes up less space in my room. Basically from floor to ceiling it goes like this: JDesign 2x12 California cab (w/ Alnico Blue and G12H30), Fargen Mini Plex head. From that height up to the desktop is open back, but Ill throw a piece of wood as a partition between digital and analog and make a perfect little nook for a Matrix GT1000FX power amp and an axe fx II, then a flat piece of wood for the desktop to hold my laptop and Adam A3x studio monitors (might mount the monitors on the wall instead though for better stereo surround sound. Im pretty stoked on this setup to say the least!

13. djdrdave

djdrdave Member

Sounds cool. Would love to see pictures when you have it built.

14. cliffc8488

cliffc8488 Member

From the rack ears to the back of the chassis is only 13". You should allot a couple inches for plugs and cables though.