Axe FX II Incoming...

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
I sold almost everything I own to get one of these guys. Its en route now. I will post a detailed review after I receive the unit and put it through its paces.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
Congrats and enjoy! :aok

I wasn't in love with mine during the first half hour of using it. I had my Ultra dialed in the way I wanted and until I had the II dialed in for my amplification system and presets adjusted accordingly, I wasn't sure which I liked best.

Now that I'm more familiar with the II and have it set up the way I like, there's no question in my mind that it's the amp for me.

I'm just saying this because selling all of your gear, particularly if you really liked it, is a big step and I could easily imagine you having a "what have I done" moment. Give yourself time to get the best results out of it and you'll have years of happiness ahead. :D

Last edited:

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
IT'S NOT AN AMP:)rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao)
Good one! :aok

But you'll have to admit that the word "amp" involves a whole lot less typing than "Multi-effects digital modeling preamp". ;)

Willowdale

Silver Supporting Member
Download the free "Gods Cab" Mesa IRs

Do a search for the site and then download, they are really good!!

shasha

Just make sure that you at least read the wiki and go the fractal forums for help getting up to speed. A very good community and a wealth of resources are available and everyone is more than happy to help you with any questions you have.

I think that the biggest mistake people make is that they dive right in with their eyes shut and expect to be able to navigate the system from day one. It's extremely intuitive once you get a little time on it and I can't imagine a better layout, but I will admit that the first day was pretty daunting on the Ultra. Luckily the II is very simllar so there wasn't that same learning curve.

RayRay

Just make sure that you at least read the wiki and go the fractal forums for help getting up to speed. A very good community and a wealth of resources are available and everyone is more than happy to help you with any questions you have.

I think that the biggest mistake people make is that they dive right in with their eyes shut and expect to be able to navigate the system from day one. It's extremely intuitive once you get a little time on it and I can't imagine a better layout, but I will admit that the first day was pretty daunting on the Ultra. Luckily the II is very simllar so there wasn't that same learning curve.
I also think people go into it feeling intimidated... that they have to tweak it for hours to sound good, that it's difficult to use, not intuitive, etc. because of weird stuff they read here.

You're exactly right... read the Wiki, thumb through the manual, the forum, and and questions. The Fractal community is just amazingly powerful and helpful.

What a fun box. :D

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
Unit shipped on 1/30 and still isn't here (Granted it was coming from LA to NY). Shipped using an unknown, non-trackable USPS service with a tracking/receipt number that doesn't show any shipping information or even that it is a valid number. When do I start to worry?

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
pcauchi said:
Unit shipped on 1/30 and still isn't here (Granted it was coming from LA to NY). Shipped using an unknown, non-trackable USPS service with a tracking/receipt number that doesn't show any shipping information or even that it is a valid number. When do I start to worry?
Really, over $2k piece of gear and no tracking... Should have demanded better service than that, I would have required UPS full insurance, adult signature required, whether I was buyer or seller.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
This is used? Fractal is on the east coast, so it can't be new. Did your seller insure it?

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
He said he was using FedEx then shot me an email after the fact that they were having a problem at the FedEx store and he had to use USPS. Sig is def. required. If I have any problems I'm covered with PayPal at least as I bought on eBay. He's not too bright if he didn't insure. I've sold enough on eBay to know that 'item not as described' can be a powerful tool. He also knows that his money is tied up and he can't access it until he can prove good delivery (which he can't because it isn't trackable), I leave feedback, or 60 or so days go by. I mean I want the unit (so bad I bought a used one because I couldn't wait!) but worst case is I'll get my money back. He's got 81 feedback and I exchanged a bunch of email with him before buying so I'm pretty sure I'm good. I'll have to wait and see. Sucks waiting though.

5 USPS days is tomorrow not counting ship date, which he said it was in the mail early morning.

Last edited:

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
Just got it. 13 days since it was shipped. The guy sent it Parcel Post. I didn't even think that was an option anymore, lol. Anyway, I got it and its in one piece. I only had a few minutes to spend with it but some of the sounds coming out of that thing are really incredible. Axe Edit is really incredible as well. Makes things MUCH faster.

More to follow...

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
pcauchi said:
Just got it. 13 days since it was shipped. The guy sent it Parcel Post. I didn't even think that was an option anymore, lol. Anyway, I got it and its in one piece. I only had a few minutes to spend with it but some of the sounds coming out of that thing are really incredible. Axe Edit is really incredible as well. Makes things MUCH faster.

More to follow...
Parcel post??? I sure hope you didn't pay for shipping, parcel post is ridiculous and I don't think you can insure anything using parcel post. I had a guy send me a guitar parcel post once... 3 weeks from California to Delaware.
Anyway, awesome you got it and are digging it!

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
Yes. Free shipping but I would have gladly paid for better service. I dont even think it was more than $5 cheaper than Priority! Anyway, he would've been in trouble if it was damaged or lost. I think he learned his lesson and didn't really mean any harm by it; just didn't know better.

Axe is really incredible; so much to explore!

Trending Topics