Axe FX III

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by stratzrus, Jan 29, 2018.

1. benifin

benifin Supporting Member

Re: the FC 12 and FC 6 ..... is it known yet

(a) how many lines & characters will be in the main display ?
    (b) how many lines & characters will be in the FSW-specific displays ?
    (c) are either the Main and/or FSW-specific displays multi-color-capable ?
    -and-
    (d) are the FSW buttons capacitive-touch enabled ?

Ben

2. benifin

benifin Supporting Member

3. pinfloi

pinfloi Member

That is totally correct. The minimum hardware cost of the smartest foot-controller that can change patches, scenes, toggle FX blocks, looper, etc is only $50 (I made one myself). Including a LCD display to show the current preset and scene names, tuner, etc. plus inputs for expression pedals.

Then add one OLED display to each footswitch (to show the scene, pedal toggle, looper state, etc for each individual switch) and you can have all the features of the most expensive controller, for a ridiculous price.

The extra cost is for chassis, high quality parts, manufacturer's warranty, labour, benefit, taxes, marketing...

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/diy-axe-fx-foot-controller-for-50-open-project.119882/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    quilsaw, Leon Todd and JiveTurkey like this.
  4. Leon Todd

Leon Todd Member

For everyone here who has bought a III, what's your favourite thing about it so far? Personally I still get pumped to to fire it up and try out amp models I haven't spent time and to try roll them into one preset with 4 channels. The video linked below is an example of one such tweaking session.

fremen likes this.
  5. fremen

fremen Vendor

Favorite part so far for me : being able to pack much more things into a single preset. I used to need two presets for some Pink Floyd songs, it's not the case anymore. I've even been able to merge presets for different songs played consecutively into a single one

prinspatrick and Leon Todd like this.
  6. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Agreed , thats why I can actually see the FC6 working fine ,In reality with all the channels and scene I could be ok just having 3 presets display at a time .
    Its said that one button press can do multiple change s to
    so for instance loading preset 1 should also change to a scene layout at same time

Leon Todd likes this.
  7. iaresee

iaresee Supporting Member

That's my favorite part too! I don't have to make any compromises on my Trey A preset now -- I get it all in one preset. And with 4 channels per block I can really have everything in one place. The true power of the III won't be fully realized until more people have FC controllers I think. That controller has really unlocked the potential of the unit for me. MM GT users will know what I mean. :)

(Nice Suhr fremen! Aren't they the best?)

Leon Todd and fremen like this.