Axe FX III

WiresDream

Pretty much my thoughts.
Maybe they should come up with an "easy edit" kinda thing. The FM7 (pretty much 1:1 clone of a DX7 from Native Instruments) featured that and in most situations it was absolutely sufficient to load a patch close to what you wanted and never look elsewhere but on the easy edit page.
Of course you need to let your "I did it all by myself pride" go.
I think one of the things that could help massively is being able to elect which parameters are displayed on the first page of each block. If you do that, and you can have 10 of them, then you give people the ability to craft their own experience to some extent.

Still not as preferable as having the devs do the hard work for you though!

LaXu

Yeah yeah, keep telling that to your self dude....
That was actually the case at least for Axe-Fx Ultra to Axe-Fx 2 when it was released. You would be hard pressed to tell any difference. Several years later there is a big difference of course and the power in the Axe-Fx 3 might facilitate that. I would expect them to tout their superior next gen modeling in the press stuff more if that was the case. Now they just say it builds off the Quantum firmware in Axe 2.

Even then we are probably splitting even more hairs because I can't really think of what more I would want from the Axe-Fx 2 in sound or feel. It responds exactly as I have programmed it to do. I'm sure Cliff will make me eat my words eventually somehow.

ejecta

Supporting Member
That was actually the case at least for Axe-Fx Ultra to Axe-Fx 2 when it was released. You would be hard pressed to tell any difference. Several years later there is a big difference of course and the power in the Axe-Fx 3 might facilitate that. I would expect them to tout their superior next gen modeling in the press stuff more if that was the case. Now they just say it builds off the Quantum firmware in Axe 2.

Even then we are probably splitting even more hairs because I can't really think of what more I would want from the Axe-Fx 2 in sound or feel. It responds exactly as I have programmed it to do. I'm sure Cliff will make me eat my words eventually somehow.
The more realer has already started. From the website....

“The power of the Axe-Fx III provides the perfect platform for our state-of-the art amp modeling. Picking up where our Quantum™ modeling left off, our latest modeling is the most expressive, musical, and accurate we’ve ever created.”

Lord N

The thing that’s fairly exciting is seeing the new MFCs and color screen on the rack unit... that surely will propagate to a new AX8. If the price isn’t crazy I’m in on upgrading to that.
That's my hope aswell. Don't have too much use for a rack unit ATM but hopefully the Axe III will translate to a new AX8.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Silver Supporting Member
And Axe-FX 2's are about to flood Ebay in 3...2...1...
And that will be a good thing for people who would like an Axe FX at a lower price than previously available. Winners all around!

If the Axe I was as real as real, how much more realer is the Axe II? 30% more realer?Is the Axe III 75% more real than the real thing?
LOL!

I was never concerned about the "realer" thing, I just wanted it to sound good and I'm pretty sure this thing is going to sound great! Can't wait to try it out.

Wow, being a fractal user that doesn't go to fractal forums, I must say I was pretty damn shocked when I saw this appear on my Facebook feed. I've had my Axe FX II for about 3 years now and not once has it given me any technical problems and 3 years later I'm still scratching the surface of this incredible tone platform....a testament to an incredibly well made product. I can only imagine how good the III will be......am I upgrading? No. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Supporting Member
Wow, being a fractal user that doesn't go to fractal forums, I must say I was pretty damn shocked when I saw this appear on my Facebook feed. I've had my Axe FX II for about 3 years now and not once has it given me any technical problems and 3 years later I'm still scratching the surface of this incredible tone platform....a testament to an incredibly well made product. I can only imagine how good the III will be......am I upgrading? No. Why fix it if it ain't broke?
Well where's the fun in that?

:anon

:D:beer

Trending Topics