Axe-fx Standard

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitarist58, Apr 25, 2008.

1. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Any idea how long the wait is now? Still approx. 6 months, or has it gotten any shorter? :(

I coulda had mine in January, but I was broke :BITCH

TIA

:eek:

2. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

I feel your pain, brotha. I got the email in February after getting on the waiting list in August. Of course, the week before my name was up on the list I had to replace the roof on my house, completely eliminating all of my toy budget. :(

I've been contemplating getting back on the waiting list again... and I'd also like to know what the current wait looks like.

3. Strat

Strat Member

If anyone's name comes up and they are short the cash let me know, I'll step in and offer a small token of appreciation. I'm on the list somewhere...

4. geetarman

geetarman Member

Hang in there production has just ramped up so the list will shrink much faster.

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I signed up 1/17/08 and I've been told about 4 months. I got word that mine should be ready 4-6 weeks (that was last week some time) so I think the wait is getting shorter (3-4 months now?).
    Also, I went amp crazy and while I will take delivery of the AxeFX, there is a chance I might not be able to afford to keep it so keep your eyes peeled. But, if it's as good as people say all of my other gear might be up for sale instead...
    :BOUNCE

6. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

You could always just pay full price, $400.00 more, and get it in a few days. It may be worth it for you in the long run rather than waiting. I did the same thing but sent it back a few days later, I won't go into that though.

7. jzgtrguy

jzgtrguy Member

I got on the list 8/16/07 and got my Ultra 3/24/08. Over 7 months. It was worth it. I have never been this stoked. I was concerned that it would be hard to program or that I would be spending all my time programing and tweaking. Basically it is really intuitive and really easy to get good sounds out of. The amps sims are awesome and IMHO the "feel" is there. I'm lovin it. Like Donbarzini said you could always pay full pop and get it now the choice is up to you.

8. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry

Go over to the Axe Fx forums and look for a used one for sale :) I bought one and it wasn't my thing so I resold it over there for what I paid for it .... I mean it was minty mint and the warranty is transferable. I noticed others for sale too. You may be able to pick one up fast if you are ready to go! :YinYang

9. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

Thank you all for the replies! :)

Elmer - I feel your pain too LOL! - I had to replace the roof on our add-on back porch just last fall--
    almost the same total $ amount as the Axe-fx (waiting list) price! :jo

10. Bantha

Bantha Member

I signed up for the ultra in September...got the email yesterday and placed the order this morning...can't wait to get it.