• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Axe FX

Crikey

Wow, nice playing and sound. The Straty-fuzz thing really comes on strong -- I had to turn my headphones down.

Very cool, though. That plainly ain't yo daddy's Pod.

Crikey

zygoat

Silver Supporting Member
Word. I started re-mixing it earlier today, those loud guitars come in a little too strong, lawl.

journo

Hi,

I don't know if it's the Axe-Fx that keeps getting better or if it's the caliber musicians using it that is increasing but this clip sounded really real = good!

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Mats N

ImmortalSix

Sounds great man --- most of the work I have heard recorded on AxeFX units has been metal / prog, so it was very nice to hear a cleaner / crunch song, especially with single coils (assumedly)

Props!

Jazztone

Z,

Very impressive! You mentioned going direct.... what are using to record with? Excellent fidelity across the board.

Jarrett

Nice, nice stuff, man. Very cool. Love the vibe/groove, is that 7/8? Vibey odd meter stuff is so cool, imo.

Really digging the Axe-FX clips that are coming out lately. What did you presets look like?

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
I don't know if it's the Axe-Fx that keeps getting better or if it's the caliber musicians using it...
I think it's both.

Nice playing and tones! I really liked the way you could really hear the stratty tones.

Sweet!

zygoat

Silver Supporting Member
Guys, thanks for listening and thanks for the compliments. Now for some details...

I used my strat and a jazz bass. I was so excited to do a song with the thing that I didn't even create my own patches, these are all stock presets being used. I lowered the gain on a few and changed some delay times. The distorted guitars on the last part was the "Basic JCM800" patch, and I used one called "Dirty Capstan" on the soft beginning part. I used a Trainwreck preset for the lead playing.

It was connected to an M-Box 2 and recorded in pro tools LE with an Imac.

The thing I love about the Axe is that the characters of your guitars will still be distinct. When I had a POD, this was not the case.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, very cool. you could DEFINITELY hear the stratty tones all day on that one. Really nice composition too!
I have to research Superior Drums 2.0 - exactly what I need for my compositions.
Tre' cool!
:drink

zygoat

Silver Supporting Member
Superior is *awesome.* I gave BFD 2.0 a shot first, as far as software drums go. It was kind of hard to use. It did have some more classic and vintage sounding drums. Superior is more tailored to rock/hard rock/metal drums but you can still get pretty much whatever you want out of it. Look into in man! That and a USB/MIDI keyboard controller and you're set. I usually tap out the drums with my fingers in real time, certain sections at a time, then I go back and drag the MIDI notes to their exact spots on the grid (my timing is usually off a bit). Of course if you don't have any experience or just aren't the most amazing "finger drummer" it's pretty easy to program with the mouse, putting dots on the grid.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I do have an older Roland midi controller, I think it's more than 44 keys. I'm a big quantizer (ie. letting the program lock the beats that are off the mark into correct rhythm). Can you do that with this program or do you have to manually drag and drop? I'll look into it - anyway, seeing that you recorded these tones direct I'm now looking to sell off some high priced gear to get into another AxeFX... Third time is the charm lol???
:phones

Trending Topics