Axess Buffer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dougeds, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dougeds

dougeds Supporting Member

anyone using this buffer? i plug into several true bypass effects and still hear a frustrating loss in tone, compared to when i plug straight into my amp. will using this buffer or any other for that matter, give me the same tone as when plugging straight in? or is there some coloration?

thanks.

2. somedude

somedude Member

The Axess buffer does colour the signal, but then again nothing is truly transparent.

Anyway, it all depends on how you set up your signal chain... particularly, how much cable you have between your guitar and the buffer.

3. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

do some sifting..use the search function to look up pedal board cables,buffers etc.
    tons of threads on whats good and not...do you need one or better cables...on and on and on...but mostly good reading:BEER

4. dougeds

i felt i was pretty close to having everything else i needed to get the best possible tone - 5, sometimes 6 TB pedals, fulltone cables, lava patch cables and still i hear a difference. i can't abandon the pedals, so i figured the next logical step would be one of these buffers.

5. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

I've used the Lovepedal, Doobtone and Axess buffers before. Sold both and just re-bought an Axess buffer. Running about 6-7 boxes on the ground and yes, I also can't abandon stompboxes. And from time to time, I like running 2 amps which the Axess BS-2 will allow you to do (separate isolated outs).

Do a search and some research and I think you'd be very pleased if you decided to go the route of adding a buffer like the Axess.

Best of luck :AOK

6. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

i hear ya im kinda in the same boat..when i unplug and go "straight in" .....wow its different...wqas hoping me upgrading my old..very old monster cables on my board to the lava ELC (just need to make them) is/was gonna help out but?
    from your post you found it didnt help you?

the axess seems pretty standard? you might not like him?? but brad paisley uses one...and like or not hes a damn fine tone connaisseur!

heres another one that looks cool..but its not an "ic type circuit" so probably a different "sound" it will inflict....(note: buffer by plugging in...the boost is a bonus)

[​IMG]

http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-pb1-detail.htm

7. dougeds

onestop - when you plug straight into your amp and then through your pedals with the buffer, are you able to get essentially the same tone? do you put the buffer at the start of your chain? thanks.