Axess FX-1 vs Rocktron All Access;

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by droptopt, Feb 8, 2008.

1. droptopt

droptopt Silver Supporting Member

I'm looking for a new foot controller and have narrowed it down to the Axess FX-1 vs Rocktron All Access.

Can the Rocktron control a GCX easily?

Which is easier to read in sun light?

Where do I get an FX-1 other than their web site?

Any pros and cons of each would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. geetarman

geetarman Supporting Member

You might want to try posting here www.hugeracksinc.com there are lots of guys there that use both.

3. LordRiffenstein

LordRiffenstein Member

Both have a lot of options, I´m curently using the AA but will move to another controller soon (when it becomes available). I use it to control a GCX amongst other things. It´s a matter of setting up the AA and it will work great with the GCX.

i never had a problem reading my AA in the sunlight and I bet you won´t have one with the FX1 either. The FX1 can only be bought direct or 2nd hand, if you find one.

The only con I have about the AA is that it is not expandable unless yo uhook up a 2nd unit. It has a lot of great features just like the FX1. The AA has some cool features that the FX1 does not have and vice versa.

4. Mincer

Mincer Member

You may also check out the Gordius products too: http://www.gordius.be/
    A lot more expandable than the AA, with lots of different configurations and updates via USB cable.

5. droptopt

droptopt Silver Supporting Member

Ayone else have any input?

I'm leaning towards the AA due to price, size and standard phantom power. Also thinking about the RG-16 to replace my GCX and MIDI Octopus. Is this a good move?

Thanks!