• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Axis Bold as Love / Axefx / BB Preamp

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
Fabulous tone and playing. This is one of my favorite Jimi tunes since I got turned onto him in 1979. GREAT JOB!

jb70

hey jack,
i'm really impressed with the clips of the axe-fx that you've posted. are you taking that rig on your gigs or do you use a combo/pedals in that situation? thanks.

jack

p.s. what do you have in your axe-fx rig currently? (cabinets, controllers, pedals, power amps, etc....)

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks. BB does work good with the strat. I seem to use it differently than most. I keep the gain down and the volume up so it sounds more like a slightly overdrive marshall as opposed to having the gain up where it overlaps the zendrive. It also drives the zendrive pretty good.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Another good'un from the generous virtuoso ...

Think you'll ever put together a band where you'd get to play all these different styles ...?

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Another good'un from the generous virtuoso ...

Think you'll ever put together a band where you'd get to play all these different styles ...?
I have a band together that does a lot of these different styles but right now we don't have a vocalist so we're a bit limited. Additionally, when we have gigged in the past, we get pigeon-holed into gigs where folks just want to dance to shuffles or the opposite thing where folks want to just hear jazz standards and keep bugging us to turn the volume down.

To tell you the truth, I've lost my desire for going out and gigging because of this. I wish we could get a gig doing a wide range of stuff to use as a paid rehearsal for a CD but I don't see it happening.

Trending Topics